frame parts
exhaust
barmounts
suspension
most engine parts

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Tugsy,

Sorry to hijack your thread, I have an '04 WR250 on the way also, any of you guys have any set up tips or things to watch out for, I haven't had a Husky in years(the last one i owned was still made in sweden,also owned some cagivas but none of the modern stuff) Man I can't wait :aj: :ride:

Thanks
Jeffro

hoov165x

May 31, 2002
I just picked my '04 WR250 up yesterday- $4500 otd. Was almost swayed by the good looks of the new '05 TE 250 though................
BRP makes skid plates and bar mounts.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
That TE250 is a very NICE ride! A buddy of mine just got one. But I'm still a 2 stroke guy! How are the WR's as a bush/enduro bike? I bet they do long day's at smooth power levels very nicely. Husky is making some really nice bikes lately for the enduro type crowd!

hoov165x

May 31, 2002
Yeah, 2 strokes seem to suit me better as well. It took me an '03 YZ250F and an '04 KTM 400 EXC to figure that out. Have a buddy that had an '02 WR250 with 6000 hard, low maintenance miles on it and it still felt great. 2 top ends and some swingarm/linkage bearings were the only replacements in over 6000 woods miles. The thing that sold me besides the fact that I am tired of doing motocross bike conversions, is the handling. The Husqvarnas are very stable and track like they are on rails. Kind of like bikes from the late '70's. However..... they turn like a modern bike- great combo! Great motor with lots of power and it still hooks up in low traction conditions. He calls it a 3 stroke!

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
WR Rocks

Just got back from short break in ride. In one word> Awesome> Bike is easy as heck to ride and turns excellent. Have to get some more time on suspension before any comments. Motor is excellent with great low end and a good solid middle.Have not opened it up yet. Read your manual for break in procedure. Bike looks real good as well and everything is well thought out. I will keep posting and would like to hear others as well. So far I have found aftermarket parts at:

E-line - pipe guard
Moose - Skid Plate
CRD Offroad- Frame guards
Flatland Racing- Rad guards

2001 thru 2004 parts are all the same.

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
Man,I ordered mine on Nov.17 and still haven't gotten it yet (i know the holiday blah..blah..blah) My dealer says maybe monday,I hope parts availability is better.I coulda drove to PA and picked it up myself in a couple of hours.sorry just venting.

Jeffro :bang:

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
Got mine the Wed after I ordered it on a Friday and I live in Cali. There are still about 13 left in crates in PA going for about 4500 to 5000 depending on your area. Great bikes and look excellent.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
The WR 250 is a cracking bike.One of the nicest 2 stroke enduro motors ever!
Smoothe & torquey with a bit of a hit at the end.Handles nice & is very reliable.
Just changed to Husky TE450 the bike handles like a dream but the motor beats you up.It's too fast for the tight woods forests events near me power is arm wrenching all day long!
I think I need to do some weights!

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
I remember reading a Husky WR400 test in Dirtbike in the early eighties where they described the power as 'pure enduro gold'. I never rode one of those bikes but I'm sure that would apply to the '04 WR250 power characteristics. Loads of torque straight off the bottom and no flat spots. There's always power to hand whatever revs the engine's spinning at. Always smooth power pushing you forward. Twist the throttle and there's more of the same. Great for the technical whooped out sand based trails round here.

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
Hey Airjay,
Just got my ride on Fraiday....quick questions

Where do you mount the speedo holder...above or below top triple clamp and how did you snake the cable down by the brake. Does it fit inside the brake mopunting brackets on fork protectors. I am having a hell of time trying to fit it in that one connector on fork proptector. Thanks

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Hi Tugsy - the grey speedo bracket mounts between the bar mount and the top triple clamp, over the rubber bushes from what I can remember (I'm at work). The cable follows the brake cable all the way to the caliper - zip tie them together. You need a WR cable bracket for the fork protector - it's got two sections - one for the brake cable and another one on top for the speedo cable.

JG614

Nov 18, 2004
WHOOO HOOO GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!!
Looks well put together,man the italians sure make beautiful motorcycles.the motor looks like the mid "80s Cagiva wmx125 especially the kickstarter setup.Just sitting on it feels very natural.I rode it around the back yard just enough to get dog poop on the tires I do like the footpegs they feel like floorboards.I can't wait to get her in the woods for a real shake down, after the break-in of course.It was well worth the wait.

Jeffro :cool:

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
Congrats JG....keep us posted lets keep this WR forum alive. I will be curious about your jetting and suspesion when you get it broken in. Thanks Airjay for info. Now I know I am not stupid. I am missing the fork part. Mine looks like it for the CR.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Nice one Jeffro - you're going to love it. Don't forget to junk the restrictor washer at the front of the pipe. Also loctite the rear sprocket bolts (mine rattled loose, luckily spotted it in time). Tugsy - I'll check the handbook tonight - do the US WR's not come with the speedo/cable as standard? I know that some of the specs are different to the Euro version.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
re jetting and suspension, I use 0-2 clicks of compression and 6 clicks of rebound in the forks, shock has stock settings. The suspension feels harsh at first on all huskies. It will will get more plush continually up to about 800k/500miles.

Jetting: My bike has no mods and I use 32.5 pilot, #3 slide, #60 needle 2nd top clip, 370 main with 96 ron unleaded mixed at about 40:1 with motul synthetic at sea level. Stock jetting here in au is 35 pilot, #3 slide, 60 needle middle clip, 400 main.

These leftover 04's you're getting at a discount? I'm about to trade mine for an 05 which will be my 4th consecutive wr250 :).

And yep on the 14t sprocket, it'll do 100kmh/60mph then tho not much more.

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
A mate has a 02 wr 250 and was having plug fowling problems
after some stuffing round the fix was running his mix at 1: 32
more oil ,but less fuel so leaner.Any comments.
Thanks Vince

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
Thanks for info Bud...as far as speedo we get them with bikes noyt installed along with box with lights not installed so I am going thru process to install. Tough to figure out wiring harness though. Still working on it. Also looks like the stock jetting for me is way to rich since I ride between 5000 to 7000 feet mostly. Right now I am breaking bke in rich and then will start working on jetting. Definetly going to go to 14 up front on sprocket. this engine has so much torgue it should be realatively easy in tight stuff with higher gear. Anyone found a case saver for these bikes? Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom