2004 Ktm 450 exc vs. 2004 te 450 husky

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Well I got to do a test ride Ktm exc 450 vs. Husky te 450 .
Well I was pretty impressed with the results .I guage everything from 1 to 10 .
Sitting on bike K- 10 felt at home H- 10 same.
Suspension K-10 asorb everyhting H-9 a little stiffer.
Stearing K-9 turns wider H-10 turns sharp.
Engine power K-9 bottom geared high H-10 geared perfect .Clutch K-10 had auto clutch have to get one H- 9 clutch is stiff .Starting K-10 starts first try H- 9 needs to be jetted better.Brakes K- 9 front weak back good H- 10 both stop good. Both scored 67 . :yeehaw:
Other comments both bikes felt good when sitting on them .
Both engines produced different power and felt different but both were good . Both handled excellent .To me I perfer the Husqvarna over the KTM . But both are the best four strokes
out there . Parts for the Husky are just as easy to get as Ktm and jap bikes and the same with Ktm . :aj:

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
The difference on the power was that the ktm seamed like it took off like there was not much of a punch . But it still took off quick . It seemed better when going up big hills .It pulled like a tractor nice an smooth . On my husky it hits hard off the bottom . When going up big hills if you don't watch it you could get in trouble from the bike launching you . So you have to watch how you use the power . Ktm didn't launch you up the hills it just pulled up them easy . On the straightaways and take offs the Husky was much faster .Because it has more punch to it. Ktm seems a little slower just seems that way .The Husky I beleave is faster because of the hard hit and punch it has .Both of them have enough power to do what ever you want . Both are fast . When I got the chance to ride the Ktm I thaught now I got the chance to get back at all the Ktm riders that keep putting Husky down by writing bad this bad that about Husky . But I decided to write what I actually thaught . To all yall Ktm riders that write bad stuff with out testing them yourself :moon: Test them before you write about them . Both are excellent bikes . :worship:

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Enduro_Nut said:
CDC - you forgot the best bike of them all... VOR :cool:
Next of course would be my new bike...Husky ;)
Well the Vor would probably come in 4th . The way I rank them would be 1st Husky te 450 # 2 Ktm 450 #3 GasGas 450
#4 Vor 450 Not because of the power , Not because of the suspension which the Vor had the best out of all of them . Because when I sat on it and rode it ,it felt weard . That is one of my main things is when I see a bike I will set on it to see how it feels . Just feels strange to me . The Husky ,Ktm , and GasGas feel at home when you set on them .Sorry enduro_nut . The Vor would take some time getting use to for me .

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
JMD said:
It's not so much the VORs that are weird as much as the riders, don't you think?
Yea you have to be a little weird to ride a weird bike . :rotfl:
I really need to ride the Vor more to make a good comparison .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom