2004 Ladies' Valentines Day Spodefest (Reno)

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hey, I'm back!!!!

I did find a couple good deals on the net - the Golden Phoenix Hotel for $52.00 per night through www.orbitz.com but with not too good of reviews - apparently the plumbing is noisy

Siena Hotel Spa & Resort for Fri $ 75.95 Sat $ 79.95 Sun $ 49.95 through www.hotels.com with reviews comparable to Peppermill reviews and super comfy beds. Not sure if the pool & hot tub close early like Peppermill or not.

Club Cal Neva is available for Fri $33.95 Sat $55.95 Sun $58.95 from www.travelworm.com only one review and apparently no hot tub or pool.

I emailed Siena to see what kind of deal they'd make for a block of 15 rooms. Will let you know when I hear from them.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Ahhhhh!  The Reno Thread!!  I've been so wrapped up in Dirtweek I forgot for a little teensy while.   Aimee, I think Agent Orange will want in on the transport from KC, and possibly mrmodine.  I'll pressure them ;)

I'm going to try and stay at the Peppermill again, that was a blast.  Except Bratt and I were too tired to host the partay extravaganza in our Spa Suite.  We hung out at the Fireside Lounge til 10 PM  like old ladies.

Where is the bulk of the group staying this year?  And somebody PLEASE make sure Kiwi has a ride to dinner :)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Okay, I need to get a head count of those who would be interested in having their bike trucked out to Reno so they could fly in for the ride.

I'm working on a plan :confused: to try and make this one. It would help me greatly to truck my bike out from KC. Sounds like to much fun to miss

B

biglou

We have a trailer secured. At the very least, we have a 16' open trailer with ramp on the back. It is 6 houses down the street from me. It is brand new and belongs to a buddy of mine and Al's (Agent Orange) that we went to school with and he and I went into the Marines together (as did our dads!). Eddie has a line on a couple of 20' enclosed race trailers, too. So one way or another, we have a trailer. Working on getting a Super-Duty to pull with. I'll keep everyone posted but it looks like we are good to go. Tony Eeds has volunteered his truck if he can get his grandson's Bday party rescheduled to another weekend. Otherwise, we will have to see if Al, Red or even Randy would be up for offering their truck. We're thinking $500 plus gas from KC to Reno and back to whoever volunteers their truck. That will keep the transport costs to $100 or less per person.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Randy and I talked about him being a "works" rider for the event with domestiques handling all the mundane jobs related to riding and him flitting in for the festivities and back out again once they are complete ... :laugh:

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
RENO!!!!!!
Ahh the memories of my first organized DRN event. I plan on being there again this year since I had so much fun last year.
So ladies, is the hot spot the Peppermill again this year?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I might could see me in Reno this time. But I'm probably not going to know for sure until the last minute.

What day do most people get there?

Peppermill is good, yes?

B

biglou

Wes-We're shooting for Fri-Sat-Sun this year. Last year was just Fri-Sat for us. Any combination of those three days will work.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Who's camping?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
For the early birds - we will be riding Thursday as well, but not at Moonrocks. We will be going to an extra secret place.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess
SFO and I Will be there again except we show up a little earlier to ride with everyone...

oh that would be nice............. :laugh: :laugh:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
You guys make are making this awful tempting. I have read about this ride for&nbsp;the last couple of years and always wanted to go but never could get all the logistics worked out. This year the wife said yes and she even wants to go. SO Speedy put me down for a "definite maybe" on the bike transport. I will email ya later for more details.

The Beverly Hillbillies&nbsp;may be coming to Reno ... YAAHOO !!!

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
If anyone in the Colorado Springs / Denver area wants to go and fly into Reno, I'll have room for another bike or two. I won't have room for another body though, just bikes (enclosed trailer pulled behind a pickup).

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Waaaahooo! That would be AWESOME if you could make it Mikeyb! I updated my list on page 3.

We really need to work on Nikki and Red!! ;)

So Will I take it you and Jen are in again this year?! YAY! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Heads up - I just tried to book a Spa Suite at the Peppermill and they were all booked up!!!! :(

Tower rooms are still available, but it would be wise to book now. www.peppermillreno.com

Update:&nbsp; I checked Expedia.com and there are Spa Suites available cheaper than rack rates - go there!!

Last edited:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Heads up - I just tried to book a Spa Suite at the Peppermill and they were all booked up!!!! :(

I just called them (1-866-821-9996) & got a Motor Lodge room fro $49/night.
The customer service rep I spoke with said that the online brokers show "Sold Out" at 40% booking.....so if you get shut down, call them.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Alright, I am IN! I will find a way!

Save a spot in the trailer for my bike, I will be flying out.

Anyone want to share a room?

:aj:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Wooster, I can bring an extra card board box and you could camp with me ;)

Camp broke-ars-spodes

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
New names and new faces as attendees - very cool! This year will be the best yet! It's hard to believe this is the 4th annual.

Top Bottom