2004 Ladies' Valentines Day Spodefest (Reno)

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John

I just called them (1-866-821-9996) & got a Motor Lodge room fro $49/night.
The customer service rep I spoke with said that the online brokers show "Sold Out" at 40% booking.....so if you get shut down, call them.

Farmer John,

Did you get $49/night for weekend rates?!? I called and they told me $69 for Friday, $89 for Saturday and $79 for Sunday.

Aimee, yep we're in! :thumb:

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
New names and new faces as attendees - very cool! This year will be the best yet! It's hard to believe this is the 4th annual.

:worship: --------> Strick

Most thanks to YOU! :thumb:

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
To all:

I posted a few pages back about getting a group discount rate. $89/night Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

If anyone has found a better rate for those night, please post how you got it. Otherwise, it would be nice to team up and get the group rate directly from the Peppermill. We need to get at least 15 rooms to get that rate.

I've got our backup plan already booked elsewhere (the Fairfield Inn in Sparks), but can cancel it right up until the day we arrive if something better comes along. I'd like to stay at the Peppermill too, but the cost is $20/night more without the group rate.

(BTW, that's the tower rate.)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Bsmith, are you driving down? When? What kind of vehicle do you have? Any interest in carpooling, or at least caravanning? (I'd rather not drive my rattletrap tin can of a pickup that far if I can avoid it but I'll survive if I have to)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
So what days are you guys riding? Fri-Sun? Anyone riding Monday? Or Thursday?

I'm ticket hunting and having a hard time finding anything under $800 (2 tix - Chicago to Reno). :( If I wasn't planning a trip to Romania this December to see my step-sis as well... it wouldn't be so bad.

But we're considering... and would be willing to share a room with someone to save a few $ as well.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Peppermill reservations made! I even put down for Monday night in case we decide to stay and ski at Tahoe for an extra day.

Let me know what's up with the group rates, do we have enough people?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
FC, At this point I might be going to Boise first with the Family on Tuesday, then to Reno.
I'm thinking of getting there Thursday night and leaving Monday morning.

I don't know how the wifey would take it that on Valentines Weekend for the Valentine ride I was taking a 24 year gal that also rides a KTM :scream: for she allready thinks I'm wierd for meeting a bunch of dirt peeps I've never met before ;)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by CSL
Farmer John,

Did you get $49/night for weekend rates?!? I called and they told me $69 for Friday, $89 for Saturday and $79 for Sunday.

I got $59 for Friday night & $49 for Sat & Sun nights.....Tell them you want the Motor Lodge & not the Tower.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH .. That is the sound me&nbsp;eating&nbsp;my words. I get home last night and start talking to her about the ride and she looked at me with that blank stare that only means one thing "I never said&nbsp;that" :think: WTF? Looks like I am out. Dont get me wrong here I REALLY want to go and she is actually OK with&nbsp;me going&nbsp;but it is&nbsp;terrible timing for me to spend that kind of $$. My wifes birthday is 2 weeks after&nbsp;and I was hoping to bring her along and stay around for a few days for her Bday and since she aint going it is hard to justify me spending her birthday $$ on me.&nbsp;

Sorry If I got yall's hope up that someone was going to be there that was slower than you.&nbsp; :whiner:

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sorry If I got yall's hope up that someone was going to be there that was slower than you.

Don't worry, I'll cover that department for you Mike. ;)

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John

I got $59 for Friday night & $49 for Sat & Sun nights.....Tell them you want the Motor Lodge & not the Tower.

Cool. Thanks man. That was the ticket. I was making the mistake of asking for the Lodge which is the 3-story and more expensive rooms, instead of the Motor Lodge, which is the 1-story ghetto. :thumb:

Booked at the Peppermill again! :)

$29 for Wednesday and Thursday nights
$49 for Friday and Sunday nights
$65 for Saturday night

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I don't know how the wifey would take it that on Valentines Weekend for the Valentine ride I was taking a 24 year gal that also rides a KTM for she allready thinks I'm wierd for meeting a bunch of dirt peeps I've never met before
FC, Maybe you can ride with bsmith down here to Boise and then you can ride with me to Reno and back to Boise. My wife wont mind, after all she only thinks your my once a year Reno fling....... :)

Seriously though we will have the room. It will be, me, dave186 and my wife in a 4 door F150...

We will be bringing the starting gate again for the uphill follow 130lbSirThumperona50hpbike drags...... :silly:

B

biglou

Originally posted by 380EXCman
We will be bringing the starting gate again for the uphill follow 130lbSirThumperona50hpbike drags...... :silly:
Yes! :aj: I'm bringing the motoweapon this year. Things will be different... :p

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Lou, I'm willing to put money down that my 520 will take your XR50 motoweapon in a uphill drag race :laugh:

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
This is for Cam. Shake your head ,you are Canadian! Its like a hot Vancouver summer day down there in Febuary. Pack your shorts and sunscreen! Not to worry though we are bringing a chainsaw this year so we can really show people how to make a fire. As the time gets closer let me know and maybe we can caravan.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Yup, I got out the starting gate and did a bit of welding and tuning on it, might even shoot a coat of paint on it! and that F150 might have four doors, but hows about you and me try to get in em :silly:&nbsp; I think we should take my truck, sounds like the Canadians need a log skidder :laugh:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Bsmith, I guess I can understand your wife's point of view but dammit, why don't people understand it's all about the DIRT BIKES???

380, I will have another (non-DRNer) with me so we'd need room for both of us, luggage, gear, and 2 bikes. So unless someone has an SUV or extended cab pickup with a trailer, I'll just drive my Toyota.

MikeB, we'll miss you! Too bad it won't work out. You would have had SO much fun.

Lou, you gonna ride the motoweapon through the fire? Nice thing about Reno, there's no curfew . . . haha

Kokanee, can I run the chainsaw? I really like chainsaws. :laugh:

B

biglou

:debil: Haha, not that motoweapon! The big blue one... :p

Although, fiddy races up that hill would probably be good for those wanting to take pics, since it's be the longest drag race in history. Prolly some pushing/running alongside involved, too. :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
I was warm enough :flame: Brian

Where the heck have YOU been, Mister!!!! :)&nbsp;

Aimee and I were just wondering when was the last time you posted cuz no one hears from you anymore :(&nbsp;

Top Bottom