2004 Tag Team Scarescramble Jack & Jill Class Report

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Woohoo, we won, we won!!!!! We were the only team in the class but, we WON!
Karl & I decided to run the local Tag Team Scarescramble this year because one of our friends talked the promoter into adding a Jack & Jill Class.

6.5 mile course, 3 hours to run it a bit muddy on the MX track section, a bit sandy across the pitrow section and some rocky sections tossed in for fun. I'm not sure how many participants were there but there were some seriously fast riders, including my cousin Joey Kopp (Flattracker and an all around awesome rider) and of my cousin-in-laws Jon Seehorn (2 time ISDE Gold Medalist) were there (from all the fast people in my family you'd think some of their talent would have gone to me but I think it skipped me & went to my kids). I definitely got woohood many times as the fast guys (my son included) warned me they were coming by.

There were 4 or so quads - really scary to pass and at least 2 other women, both in the Women's Open Ironman class. One was a little girl on an XR100 and the other a woman on a CRF230. They started the Jack & Jill class on the last row with the Women's Class. Karl always makes me start!

I got a great start with my bike firing in one kick. According to my daughter, I was down the track & making the first turn (75 yards or so) before the other gals got their bikes fired up.

It was fun, rocky, bumpy, I hate jumps, I hate passing quads but I felt good. No crashes, no stalls and my son only passed me 3 or 4 times, roosting me as he flew.

I got him back at the pits though by kicking sand at him!

The bike felt awesome and I even hit WFO in 5th on a couple sections. Karl had some fun with Joey on a section of flat straights that switched back & fourth 4 or 5 times. Joey was laughing when he figured out who it was. He said he's used to people wicking it on when he comes up on them but he couldn't believe this guy just opened it up as soon as he got near him. He kept thinking "come on buddy, there's a corner, come on, just let up." Karl finally let up just before the corner and Joey was relieved because they would not have both made it through the corner.

So, I finally earned my first trophy to set next to the boatloads my kids have earned. Next time I'm gonna pass my son and roost him!

We got in 11 laps, my son on his 80 with his partner on a YZ250f made 12 laps (4th place in the lightweight division winner of that one put in 14 laps my son's partner's dad & his buddy), the pros turned in like 16 - 18 laps. Jon Seehorn (ISDE 125 medalist) ran Pro Ironman with 16 laps on his own.

Best part is I think it stirred up some women that were on the fence. Jon Seehorn's wife said she wanted to do it next year, guess she rides a 125 so we'll actually have some competition.

My daughter took 3rd in the Peewee Harescramble just before our race. She would have come in 2nd but one of the flaggers messed up trying to warn her about a crash around the corner and she thought he was waving her off the track. Since she was happy to be done she headed to the truck. By the time we made it back to the truck she had removed almost all of her gear, I told her to get dressed cause she wasn't done. She threw it all back on and hauled her little butt back over to the course. They were just calling it over but the other parents told the crew to let her ride one more loop cause the flagger screwed up. So, she got 3rd out of 4th and was happy to be done.

This morning she said she wants to race the big course next spring. So looks like the kids will team up and either race the 80cc class (she'll still be on her 60) or maybe Jack & Jill against us!

Now I'll get roosted by both of my kids! :yeehaw:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great report. :cool: Sounds like it was a lot of fun! I start racing indoors at the end of the month. I've always wanted to try a harescramble, but I have never even watched one!! I just think they sound like fun. I have only MX, and AX

I wish I could get my mom and dad to race. My dad doesn't want to get hurt, my mom gets too nervous and so does my brother. My sister, well we don't allow her on anything w/two wheels and a throttle! :uh:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Congrats on your bling-bling, BBoom! :yeehaw:

Great race report too..... (grin) - rb

Top Bottom