rwild

Oct 25, 2004
Is there a company that can make my YZ250 a better ride in the woods? Thats all I ride is woods...Maybe something like the KTM 300 suspension...

Thanks

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
there are a bunch of different companies that will make your suspension match you weight and ridding style, there's RG3, pro action, works connection, pro circuit, just to name a few and the prices are well worth the improvements you will like there work, also there are adjustments you can make on your factory suspension to make it a little stiffer or softer on both the rebound and compression side,

rwild

Oct 25, 2004
I have adjusted the compression and rebound It has made it a little better but I still think there is room for improvement.. I think they need to be revalved...Most of the time I think they are too harsh..

Thanks

Aftermath

Nov 22, 2004
Drop the fork oil level a bit, made the world of difference on my 07, still do track with jumps, as well as woods. Now all I have to do is bump up the compression by 2-3 clicks for the track each time.....Happy medium. Also turn down your high speed adjuster on the back shock (Quarter turn). This will stop that over the bars problem that YZ riders frequent when hitting something small and harsh with the back wheel, whilst off the juice.....

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
I like Factory Connections. I have had an 00 and 01 yz 250 done. My friend had his KTM300 done. They were very professional and asked questions to figure out what you want. Getting the spring rate correct is very important. It allows the suspension to ride at the correct height and lets the valving work better. I was very impressed. Others places will also do good work. But, I'm sending my 06 yz250 there this winter to let them do their magic.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Go with a local company that'll be able to offer a personal level of customer service. They'll know more about the terrain you ride, and hopefully you can drop it off and save $80 in shipping. My guys nearly 2 hours away but I can make a call and have it worked on within a few hours, which is nice.

Top Bottom