yfz450

Aug 3, 2005
I have a 2004 yz 250 that I purchased used. The suspension is way to soft. The guy I bought it from weighed about 170, I am about 240lbs. 1st question, what are the stock settings on a 04 YZ250? How much do I need to adjust it for my weight? This things front end is all over the place in the sand. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Patrick

Toby259

Jan 5, 2005
Patrick,

My guess is to start with the correct spring rates. I doubt you will be in the recommended sag ballpark with the stock springs. Check out Race Tech's website for recommendations for springs. You probably need front and rear.

I weigh 185 and was too heavy for the stock rear spring on my YZ250. Once I got the stiffer spring mounted, it made a huge improvement in handling.

:uh:

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
You may want to take a look at the fork seals also, yammies are good for blowing them. If they are blown, I'm sure oil level is low. We usually replace with aftermarket upgrades such as availible from Factory Connection. I'm sure, as suggested above, spring rates are off also.

yfz450

Aug 3, 2005
Is there someplace I should just send my stuff and have it done right the first time? Is there one place everbody likes to use? Money is not really an issue (I'm 37 and somewhat settled). I just don't want to do this 3 or 4 times. I would like to get my suspension set up right the first time. Thanks for all the help and replies. Patrick

Top Bottom