jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
i have a chance to buy a 2005 yz125 for 2000.00. the bike has less than 5 hours on it. so i would say that it is deal. but i am coming off a full mod 250f and i would like some more go power.

does Eric still do crank stroking? i would like to do a big bore stroker for the engine without getting took by one of the cali tuners.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Where did the stroker part come from? Send it to Eric,bore to 144 and mo better porting and head work! Send the top end complete. Yes it will eat 250f's! V force and sst,and bigger rear sprocket. You will need better brakes!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Last I heard, earlier this summer, Eric was riding a stroked 155cc YZ as one of his own bikes. That would seem to indicate, to me, anyway, that a big bore stroker YZ125 is probably a fun bike to ride; maybe even more fun than a 144cc YZ!

I'd email him & ask him, if I were you.

An '05 YZ125 for $2K is a good deal, in my opinion. The '06 suspension (esp. the forks) is suppose to be better, but you might have to give about $1k more for an '06. I'm sure Jeremy Wilke can take care of that.

I absolutely love my '06 YZ125! I'm big, (240 lbs.,) & ride in the woods (tight & steep.) Great motor, esp. down low, great handling. Let me know, if you want any more info. from me. Also, let me know if you decide to pass on the bike; if it's anywhere between GA. & IA, I'd be interested in buying it, for that price.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What do you mean,might be? If Eric is putting longer rods in and bigger bores,then it has to be wayyy mo better! But what class can it run in? Open,plus age classes? Trail riding does not have no stink'in rules!

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
With the 2008 AMA rules I'm going to offer stroker cranks with 144 kits to get 153cc the new maximum limit. I stock 2 new 2005-08 Yamaha cranks stroked to 58.5mm

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
I built my 05YZ125 with several different configurations and ended up with a 167. The 155 was the best overall, quick out of the turns and still good on top. The 167 piston is so heavy and you can feel it rev slow, top end signs off quick too. I built my bike in to a WR with all the DOT and enduro garb and selling it to hopefully buy a left-over CR125. Most of my European business is all about Hondas. I'm looking to put a 110mm connecting rod in a 144 with a SPES exhaust.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hello Eric,

I was hoping you might notice this thread and offer us the benefit of your experience. Thank you!

So, I am assuming that both the 155cc and the 167cc kits use a 59mm stroked crank; is that correct? Was the torque of the 167 kit much more noticable than the 155? I do not mind slower revving, (I can always back down my FWW,) if I can gain some more 'grunt.' I almost never rev my '06 stocker all the way to sign-off, in the woods.

Sound like I might want to pick your brain a bit more, as I'm working on setting my bike up to be 'street legal' for enduros, as well. Did you have any luck finding a lighting coil for the new motor, or did you go the battery route?

I'm heading up your way for the next two weeks, (cleaning out my in-laws house.) Are you still doing any work out of the Dekalb TUF shop? I'd love to take a look at your bike, to see what you've done to it, if there was any way possible. Give me a shout, if it could work out. I'll be in the Mt. Prospect area, with a couple of trips to IA. thrown in. (one for a private 24-hr. Z-50 race.)

Thank you, again, for your posts here; we appreciate your insight greatly! :cool: :boss:

Best regards, Ken W.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
thank you Eric. i knew if i waited and gave you time you would answer. As of right now the bike is new, So I will not be tearing it apart until i get a few more hours on it. I am having so much fun on this bike that i have hard time parking it.

Brian55

Apr 6, 2006
Eric Gorr said:
With the 2008 AMA rules I'm going to offer stroker cranks with 144 kits to get 153cc the new maximum limit. I stock 2 new 2005-08 Yamaha cranks stroked to 58.5mm

Eric, are you going to have 153 kits available for other brands as well?

Gasrider

Oct 21, 2007
Have you done many GasGas 144 cylinders Eric? I am planning on sending mine down to you in a week or so. Also, can I still use all the stock gaskets or will I need special gaskets for the 144 cylinder? I was also wondering about what changes I will need to make with regards to jetting? Thanks, Scott

Miek

Dec 26, 2006
Atlantic riders in need of assistance

Hey Eric,
ther are a few 144 question on atlanticmx under KTM 144. I quoted you from this forum, hope thats OK. would be cool if you could jump in. but I have linked to this thrae

Miek

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom