oubowtie06

Aug 3, 2008
ok lately i have not ridden my bike so much but when i try to start it it takes a few more kicks then normal to start the bike and during idle i pop the trottle and the bike bogs down like it isnt getting any fuel and it does it everytim i pop the throttle fast but if i just ease into it the bike is fine and revs up perfect i believe the carberator needs to be cleaned of rejetted or something along those lines any help would be greatly appreciated

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You should listen to those voices in your head. Clean the carb well paying close attention to the pilot jet. Check the valve clearances too.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If it never gave you problems before and cleaning the carb doesn't help I would do a thorough mechanical inspection of the engine.

studwand

Jul 6, 2009
I am kinda having this problem too. Its not that bad (just when i give it 0 to full throttle it bogs out and dies. I just got the carb cleaned, re jetted.

Is this normal or is there something else wrong?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Worn engine/mechanical problems ruled out first. The last rebuild was when? Once all that has been given the green light, then try jetting changes. Learn what leaner and fatter feel, sound like. Do not ride it for real long, 100 feet and back, check the plug and keep making changes one thing at a time, from the leak jet, to the mixture screw at idle, the needle, to wfo and the main. The gas cap not venting is but 1 possible mechanical issue. A leak down test can rule out valves and rings. Ignition and valve timing. The yamadog is real good for mechanics leaving one side 1 tooth off on the cams. And what is the piston/ring life? 15 hours or so? Silencer packing? Good premium fuel? The shop manual should cover everything. And the ap circuit!!!

Top Bottom