Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
KX02 said:
If they would get rid of that boring blue color, I'd definitetly consider getting one!
What color would you suggest ... seriously.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I like blue a whole lot better than black. I don't do freestyle good enough to have a black bike.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I heard the ktm 250sx may have linkage..
Magenta YZ's, didnt we have that back in the early 90's?? :laugh: Bring back the yellow/black combo..

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
KX02 said:
No kidding, KTM might throw in the towel on their linkless rear supsension huh?

Just a rumor i heard from a suspension tech, i kinda doubt it, i would this their SX team would be testing it..

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
KX02 said:
No kidding, KTM might throw in the towel on their linkless rear supsension huh?
seems to work fine on their off-road machines (Lafferty still wins) . . . and Josh Hansen hasn't been pitched yet.

Linkless is probably the future, once the shock tech catches up. Nothing wrong with simplifying. :)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
What ever happened to the production schedule for the Aprilia, or even ATK's plan on importing some big-bore 2 strokes?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Powder Blue, or sky blue like the old IT's. I liked that. It looked good on the 1997 ktm Jackpiner.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Yamaha YZs are supposed to be yeller with black strobe stripes just like Hurricane Hannah rode.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
can't go yellow then we would have mass confusion with suzukis especially since the two have so similar power charecteristics! :coocoo:
sky blue might work if you are not worried about being called a sissy boy. the lighter blue might not show plastic crease marks in you fenders when you crash :bang:
I think they should stick with dark blue but make it transparent blue :cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
gwcrim said:
Yamaha YZs are supposed to be yeller with black strobe stripes just like Hurricane Hannah rode.

:cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
PINK they need to be a nice pink just like the Barbie Corvette. Cripes it's made from plastic why not just melt a bunch of them down and make YZ panels? You know what I mean Zio.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
rickyd said:
I heard the ktm 250sx may have linkage.

That would be cool. I might consider an orange bike if that were the case. Never been too impressed with the PDS/no-link config.

Bring back the yellow/black combo.

That would be cool too!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
linkless

I think it may be over rated at least in off road. Juha is faster than any one on anything on his KTM. Lafferty is having a great year so far and there are a lotta Orange bikes in the top 10 here in the states and in europe as well. The bikes seem to work pretty well. The baby thumpers have been working good in the SX this year too. Frankly I appreciate not haveing to dick with tearing the swing arm apart 2 -3 ties a season and grease/replace bearings on my KTM. I support the efforts to further develop the technology of the PDS linkless rear suspension. Less parts = more reliability once the shock is prefected. JMHO. :cool:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
The big 06 rumor I've heard is that Yamaha will do 2wd WR's (but they will still be blue :) ) I have also heard they might do YZF's. Honda gets FI in the rumor mill cause of the Montesa FI 4t trials bike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The 2wd WR's are already running around in Europe. matter of fact, a local Yamaha mechanic is somehow managing to get himself one thru a bike broker in Texas. Supposedly KTM is working on one as well with the Ohlins setup.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
what about the 06 kawi 4strokers? I think it is funny that everbody is going to aluminum perimeter frame. :nod: How long has honda had the aluminum frame? :nener:
Any body hear anything about the cr 250 getting the new chassis for sure? How about the yzf's getting the new aluminum frame? ;)

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Not necessarily. Technology could refer to better materials or shapes that reduce the number of parts...thereby becoming more technical, but also simplified at the same time. Complexity (not technology) is the opposite of simplicity. But, sometimes higher tech means higher complexity as well.

BTW...how's this for a new color scheme : metallic flakes in the plastic that make a bike look yellow from one angle and green from another (you know like they are doing with car paint the last few years). Then you'd never know if someone was riding a Kawasaki or a Suzuki unless you were close enough to read the decals...and that could be taken care of with holographic stickers.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
bclapham said:
isnt that an oxymoron? ie. simplyfying things by making the shock more technical.

Good point.

The average dummy like me can't rebuild a PDS WP shock in his garage. However, I can do Kayaba or Showa in half an hour once it's off the bike.

I think the maintenance/complexity issue is a wash. I just prefer the feel of a linkage rear suspension and USD forks.

Top Bottom