2006 yamaha ttr 125 dies when give little throttle

J

Jen_Jen540

Hey everyone I bought a used 06 yamaha ttr 125. The guy told me it was a carb problem and so far I bought a carb kit and replaced everything except for valve seat (stuck can't get it out). I'm not very sure if I put all the springs in the right place ( there were several springs that were just a little thicker so it was hard to see which goes where) and when I was taking apart the carb there were missing springs. The manual I have shows me where the springs go but it's hard to see if I'm using the correct one in the right place. When I first replaced all the parts it started fine until the engine warmed up then it wouldn't let me give it has without turning off on me. Now I can't even give it any gas or it will turn off on me. Any suggestions I have messed with the carb settings and I'm completely clueless. Also when I bought the bike I did an oil change and noticed this guy mixed oil and gas in there so I don't know if that damaged the bike much or not. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
could be an intake air leak between carb and engine.
you can try raising the needle to richen the mixture as you open the throttle.
make sure the float closes the input valve when it is horizontal. if it closes it when it is lower than horizontal that will cause a lower gas level in the bowl which will cause a lean condition.
make sure the silencer is not clogged up.

Jen_Jen540

Dec 7, 2013
2006 yamaha ttr 125 e dies when give gas

Hey everyone I just bought a 2006yamaha ttr 125 e. The guy told me it had carb issues but everything else was good. First off when I changed the oil I saw that there was oil and gas mixed in so I drained it and put fresh oil. Next it bought a carb rebuild kit and when I opened it up I noticed a couple of springs and parts missing. There were many different springs and sizes I looked at the manual and did my best to match the springs in the right location. They are in the right place but I don't know if it's the correct spring.. Well after I put it together I started the bike and it started up just fine and shifted fine but after 10 min I would give it any throttle and it would turn off. And now everytime I turn it on I can't give it throttle or it will die. I'm new to this can anyone help me pls. I did adjust the pilot jet and idle and everything and it still won't help

Jen_Jen540

Dec 7, 2013
okay i will go ahead and check to see if i have an intake air leak and see if the silencer isnt clogged as well.
and for the needle position, there is only one position i can put the clip in. even with the new carb rebuild kit i got, it only has one slot.
and im still new to dirt bikes, so i need some help in checking to see if the float closes the input valve when it is horizontal. I know what the float is, but what is the input valve? sorry for my lack of knowledge..

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I had a '06 TTR 125 that was one of the most cold blooded S.O.B.s that I have ever dealt with. The pilot jet would clog for no apparent reason and it would bog or die when I gave it throttle. When it was cold it would start right up, run for a couple of seconds and die. Start it up and it would run for a few seconds and die. Next time it would run a few seconds longer before it would die. Eventually it would warm up enough that it would keep running, but still had the bog/die when the throttle opened.

I bought a JD Jetting Kit for it.
Problem solved.

I put the jets in as directed, set the adjustments to how the directions said and it was perfect. Started right up and ran perfect.

Rod

Jen_Jen540

Dec 7, 2013
Okay so you think that jetting kit would solve the problem? Because even when I replaced everything in the carb with the rebuild kit and cleaned everything it still only worked for like 10min. Do the springs make a difference in where it's placed in the carb? Because when I rebuilt it the previous owner took out some of the springs out and when I tried to put it back I don't know if I put on the right ones in the right place. I checked the float height today and now the bike doesn't turn on at all. My bike is pretty much stock except for an air filter, which when I bought the bike did not have one...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom