D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I think the Peppermill bulldozed their motel units recently, so don't wait until the last minute before calling them.

It looks like I'll be alpine snowboarding in Colorado that week and I'll be back in time to ride Moonrocks Sunday. And Monday if people are sticking around. :)

BTW, I added a bunch of Moonrocks pictures in my picture area.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
D36-108A said:
I think the Peppermill bulldozed their motel units recently, so don't wait until the last minute before calling them. .....

Whoa! :yikes: Thanks for the heads-up! - RandyB

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
I might be in, can't tell yet.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
endoquest said:
I might be in, can't tell yet.

You'd better show, ya' deadbeat!
I missed Funky Chicken this year - so this is our make-up ride. :)

Cheers! - RandyB

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
OK Randy, if I show up you can kiss my...... ah, rear fender.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Whew! That was close... <grin> - RandyB

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Howdy Strick!

Just saw this up on Yahoo -- did your yard get buried again?
I sure hope not!

-- RandyB (Portland, OR)
=========================================
Sierra Nevada Range Gets Three Feet of Snow

RENO, Nev. - The strongest storm of the season so far in the Sierra Nevada dropped as much as 3 feet of snow, snarling travel through the mountain range but improving ski resort conditions.

Controls were lifted Monday morning on the two major highways linking Sacramento, Calif., to resorts in the Lake Tahoe area: Interstate 80 over Donner Summit and U.S. 50 over Echo Summit, authorities said.

However, the third major trans-Sierra highway, California Highway 88, remained closed near Kirkwood, Calif., because of avalanche-control efforts. Chains or snow tires were required on other highways in the area.

The Kirkwood Mountain Resort just south of Lake Tahoe reported 2 to 3 feet of snow from the weekend storm. Alpine Meadows ski resort just north of Lake Tahoe reported 19 inches to 27 inches.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
The valley floor got a few inches but rain took away most of it. I imagine there's still some snow at Moonrocks but it should melt in the next couple days of temps in the 50s.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I forgot all about our on-site "MoonRocks Condition Monitor".....<grin>

Thanks for the update! - RandyB :cool:

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I was riding Moonrocks Friday and found some sweet new singletrack. Despite all the rain, it wasn't the least bit muddy. The weather theme this winter seems to be warm storms with rain all the way up to 8000 ft so snow might not be a problem.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
bbbom said:
So is Reno a go or not? ....QUOTE]

60.....600.... or 6.....

It don't matta'....we be goin' ridin'! :ride:

RandyB: E-Ticket
SusanP: The Ant
RonB: Eyes Wide Shut

I've got a new '06 KTM 450 EXC that I'm just itchin' to try out in Pod Racer Canyon!

Hope to see y'all out there....Cheers! - RandyB

Top Bottom