BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just watched the replay. What a mud race. I've witnesses mud races in cross-country and enduro's but this was unreal. Anehiem last year was nothing compared to this race. Watching a national champion push his bike up a hill is very rare. The 250F's are getting ready to run, ought to be fun.
They cancelled the 250F's by rider and team votes.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am watching this also, unbelievable. Race all ready! Some of them Canadian tracks look awesome, and the coverage is pretty good! This is not required to have a spoiler post by the way, it is 1 week.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I didn't mention the winner, just a fun race to watch.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I am watching this also, unbelievable. Race all ready! Some of them Canadian tracks look awesome, and the coverage is pretty good! This is not required to have a spoiler post by the way, it is 1 week.
No spoiler title required. :blah:
Since the race has been in the books for months now and the few Eskimos that haven't seen it probably do not have internet either so you won't be spoiling it for them.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I think they are whimps for not finishing the second moto, it's a dam national for dam sake. shhheeeeessssh. not to mention they played bulldozer for awhile between motos. that kind of track is a blast to race on, and gives different riders all kinds of chances to show their speciality/

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I liked the scabs crossing the picket line to race. And straight off the wire:
Okiewan said:
How bout this...

ANY POST with results, someone is hurt, etc. needs to be marked with "SPOILER: in the title. This year, this week, 1982...whatever.

Clear enough?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:shruggs:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, I'll fess up. 95% of the posts by whenfoxforks-ruled... make zero sense to me. Could be, probably is, just me. No biggie. Whatever.

BUT.

When it comes to spoiler threads; I do understand, so... I'll ask again, if there are results of any kind, please... just put the word "spoiler" in the title. Is there a problem with that?

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
he is commenting on what the commentator said,, that commet about scabs crossing the wire was announced on tv......

spoiler? I thought these races are like what 6-9 months ago?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
wardy said:
he is commenting on what the commentator said,, that commet about scabs crossing the wire was announced on tv......

spoiler? I thought these races are like what 6-9 months ago?
Wardy.... faster then all get out but late to the race tonight. This is about a post in the MX forum got carried here for drama :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I only brought up the spoiler thing on these races, because I haven't seen that race yet, and have been watching them.. So it's new to me.. And well, if there should be some prohibition for all time on spoilers....

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
LOL i have always bitched at the kid to pay attention, well i guess i should to.

this time of year I jump in here and just look quick and then get back to paper work getting ready for the banquet this saturday.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I liked the scabs crossing the picket line to race.

A pro racer who shows up at a National and decides to race even though the Factory backed teams are trying to intimidate all the privateers into following there own personal agenda is a scab? Since I know 4 of the 6 six "scabs" personally and I'm expected to moderate inappropriate responses on this site I'll curtail my response to simply letting you know you are truly clueless and obviously ignorant as well.

If you care to do any research on this race, The teams and a few others who didn't care to race in those conditions played schoolyard bully and basically told the sanctioning body there would be no second motos that day. All the while the factory teams trying to play like they were the savior of the sport, helping the poor privateers from blowing up their only race bike. Yet a week later it was very clearly outlined that this boycott was nothing more than a powerplay by certain riders and teams to get the CMRC to be more interested and respectful of their input on the way things are run.

I stood on the start line for hours while it all played out and it was a pathetic day for Canadian MX. The only shining light that day was six riders who felt that the fans actually deserved a race for their admission and dedication in waiting through all the weather. To that end I say thanks Mike Harms, Matt Hamm, David Ledarney, Jamie Kennedy, Josh Snider and Davey Fraser.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
chili, he was actually repeating what the announcer said on the tv show! you are absolutely correct, no way should they have caved. riders should have rode for full points and purse and screw the premadona's.

track in the second moto looked fine, in fact better then the first moto for sure.

it's motocross what the hell.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Chili, I would have went out! A race is a race, short of a tornado or a lot of lightning, the race goes on. The times at Redbud, soup up to the gas tank, this from someone who vehemently will not start a bike after it is washed! They have a name for people who stay home because of the weather.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I haven't seen the broadcast, I'll now search out the torrent to verify and then let Koster or Travers know exactly what I think of that statement personally.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
wardy said:
chili, he was actually repeating what the announcer said on the tv show! you are absolutely correct, no way should they have caved. riders should have rode for full points and purse and screw the premadona's.

Ok I watched the broadcast and I guess it's a case of semantics, at no time is the term "scab" used but a reference is made that for lack of a better term that they crossed a picket line. This is not the case, the six riders who rode, opted not to cave in to the threats and badgering of certain teams and riders and chose which side of the PROTEST not picket line they wanted to be on based on their own thoughts and beliefs.

I truly believe that the CMRC would have loved to run that race for full points to send a message to the protesters, but the way it played out didn't allow that to happen. According to the rulebook they needed five riders to run the moto and at the time the moto was scheduled to go off there was only the four Manitoba Pro's sitting on the line. The Gate was dropped to signify the start of the moto which did not happen.

A short time later Josh Snider and Davey Fraser joined the group still sitting on the line and they decided they would race for the fans regardless of there being no purse or points. At this point head of the CMRC Mark Stallybrass announced that by the rules they can't award the points since the original gate had already dropped but they would pay out the entire pro purse to the six riders sitting on the line willing to put on a show for the fans.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now I know why they chose not to tell that story! Thanks Chili, unbelievable! That truly would have been sweet seeing enough show up to get the race in. Seemingly in one of my hiatus's racers turned chicken of the mud. As seen when Carmichael lapped the entire pro field. I thought it was the blatant stealing of soil, trashing the public roadways, and who is going to pull my 1.3 million dollar garage on wheels out of here. I do not want to go out, or it is to costly, really does not cut it.

Top Bottom