ksp

Apr 1, 2003
I have a 2007 YZ250. I like everything about the bike except for the cornering. It seems vague/unpredictable and I can't seem to push it very hard in corners. I used to have CR250's and CR500's both seemed to corner better. I've heard ZipTy Racing has a triple clamp that addresses this problem. Has anybody tried this? Or anybody elses' product? Any input appreciated.
Thanks
KSP
1976 CT70
2007 YZ250
2001 Roadstar 1600

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Basics first, is the sag set right? Too much sag will of load the front end and make it vague. If that doesn't fix it, try sliding the forks tubes up in the triple clamps. That will help weight the front too.

Are you moving up in the seat when in a turn? Body position can make a big difference.

Do you have a decent tire on front? I don’t know the terrain you ride but I have fallen in love with the Pirelli Scorpion MXMS front tire. It hooks up amazingly well!

ksp

Apr 1, 2003
Yes, I know about all that. I've been racing for years and know all about set up and rider position and tires. Just wondered if anybody has tried any other steering stems or tricks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Is it vague / unpredictable in all corners, or just a certain type like high speed or low speed? Hard or soft terrain?

Sounds like something is wrong for sure. Never rode an '07, but my buddy used to race an '06. The only time I rode it I thought it was nimble and it cornered very well on the soft terrain we were riding. He had a steering damper, though.

ksp

Apr 1, 2003
It seems to be the most noticeable in tight, slow terrain and soft dirt and sand. I did slide the tubes up a bit a while ago and this seemed to help. Wide, sweeping turns at 30-40 mph the bike feels good. And it does have a stabilizer.

Ken

Top Bottom