orang300

Sep 11, 2012
Hey everyone new to the forum and have been reading a little bit about jetting on the carb and still need some help.

I have a 2012 ktm 300xc and ride motorcross and woods with it. I am around 1800 asl, recently i dropped the need one clip ( was told by a friend thats the first thing people do with the 300) to see if it would run any better. When i did this i had to run the air screw in almost all the way it still seems a little lean in the bottom end, it might be a 1/4 to 1/2 out.

Just wondering if anyone had any pointers or info that could ease the process to help get it tuned in

Thanks alot

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
I have a 12 300 xc. I recommend that you use the jetting guide in the back of the users manual.. I have found these settings to be fairly rich so I usually move 1 box leaner to start.. Also if you want that bike to really run send the head to Slavens and have him do his thing, then request his gasket, and install everything.. The cylinder is already decked on the 12, so all you need is the head work and gasket. Either way you need to send the head out as this will make the engine much more responsive to jet changes..

Top Bottom