Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Just thought I'd try to send this out a little ahead of time...last December a group showed up for an impromptu trail ride at Lincoln Hills. We had about 12 riders...enjoyed some trail riding and even a few wobbly pops and venison sausage afterwords.

09oneL and I were looking to do that again. I know that this has been called the "Snowflake" ride...or the "Snow Chicken" ride in the past. Whatever. At this point, the particular DAY is flexible....Sat or Sun....but I was looking at the first Full weekend in December....which is the 7th & 8th.

No pressure to attend. I created a Facebook Group for it and labeled it the "Odd Couple Ride"....as 09oneL and I have differing views on a great number of things, I thought the name fit. Anyone is welcome. Invite them to join the group on "The Book of Faces" too....

Maybe DW won't get a flat this time?
Maybe Fast Freddy won't lock his keys in his truck? Heard you did that AGAIN? :rotfl:

Chime in.....

2013OddCoupleRide_zpsba3e8e9d.png
[/URL][/IMG]

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Not a ton of action for the ride here :( . You are invited and it would be great if you join us. Trial Fest was canceled for the most part (I was going to miss it anyway as I was at Noahmsayn's wedding that weekend). I think we had about 10-15 riders last year. It's just a fun ride and the trail was really good. Please consider coming it would be good to see and meet some DRN game players. I'll be on a 14 CRF250R and YAM7 on a 12 CRF250R.

Anyway, Please indicate if you have any interest in coming. I would hate to see it be a flop, even though it will still be fun if it is only Yam and myself.

We sure could use some activity on this site. We need to keep it open until the SX game starts.

Thanks

Last edited:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
tdunn976 said:
I like the idea to see both of you wierdo's, but cannot commit to it yet.

You SHOULD be committed!

I've heard from a few others that are "in". As long as one person shows up to call the cops when 09oneL starts punching me for saying Obamacare sucks......we'll be fine.

Hope to see you Tommy D!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I'm requesting that all riders for the "Odd Couple" ride please bring a small donation for the spotted owls. Thanks!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I would like DRN to please explain why they removed the post.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Well, I sure hope this makes it to the board and stays there....

For those that are interested, the day for thos ride is Sunday, 12/8/13. I'm sure we'll have a suggested meeting/start time. I'll post that later, and hope that it won't get edited.

Hope to see some of you there.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
hey guys.......

Been gone on business for a while.
Just now getting caught up.

Need to ask, what post is missing or deleted??

Mully

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mully said:
hey guys.......

Been gone on business for a while.
Just now getting caught up.

Need to ask, what post is missing or deleted??

Mully

Sent an email yesterday.

Thanks for asking.

Come ride.

~ Mark

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
So the plan is to ride Lincoln Hills this Sunday, Dec 8th. Arrival time around 11:00 a.m. Some are meeting up in Baldwin, at the gas station at the corner of M37 and US 10, at 10:30 a.m.

Thanks.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
It was a super fun ride. I thought it would suck and be too cold but it worked out really well.

Good ride, good company, good fun.

All good except for Yam7 nearing killing both of us on the way home :yikes:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
It was a super fun ride. I thought it would suck and be too cold but it worked out really well.

Good ride, good company, good fun.

All good except for Yam7 nearing killing both of us on the way home :yikes:

Near-Accidents are the only ones to have! :cool:

Thanks again for the ride. Good time and the trail was great. You get warm awful darn fast riding in the woods. :nod:

Top Bottom