Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
max_21_Honda_CRF450R_RHP_1200x675_781884.jpg

max_21_Honda_CRF450R_LHP_1200x675_891010.jpg

July 14, 2020 — TORRANCE, Calif.
Nearly two decades after its introduction to the motocross world, Honda’s CRF450R begins a new chapter for 2021, this latest version inspired by a “Razor Sharp Cornering” design philosophy. Already the industry’s top-selling motocross model along with its exclusive CRF450RWE sibling, the CRF450R is guided by three main goals for 2021: improved power (particularly on corner exits), improved handling and more consistent lap times over the course of a tough moto.

Honda’s lightened, latest-generation twin-spar aluminum frame headlines the update list, with changes that reduce lateral rigidity for improved cornering performance and stability. Out back, a new swingarm improves rear traction. The Unicam® engine features updates to the decompression system, intake and exhaust (including a switch from two mufflers to one), resulting in improved low- and midrange performance and a narrower layout. A stouter clutch with hydraulic activation is new, delivering reduced slip and a lighter lever pull for more consistent performance. The new bodywork and seat offer a slimmer, smoother rider interface, as well as simplified maintenance.

“Having already earned a place on the list of all-time successful Honda models, the CRF450R continues to demonstrate Honda’s commitment to winning,” said Lee Edmunds, Senior Manager of Powersports Marketing at American Honda. “With its emphasis on cornering performance, we’re confident that the all-new 2021 model will help Red Riders write their own names in the record books with dominant performances from gate drop to checkered flag.”

[ CONTINUES ]

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Sweet! Maybe it's time to replace my 2002 CRF450 lol

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sweet! Maybe it's time to replace my 2002 CRF450 lol

Your 2002 is probably too old to hold any value... you should just get it to me for storage so you have some room. I am nice like that and have no problem watching over it for you :)

Both Honda and Yamaha seem to have some cool updates this year. I read somewhere they have a YZ/WR250 2 stroke again. I got a 93 when I got back into it so it was my first "adult" bike. Would love to get one to be last too :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're right Ivan. Other than the frame and forks there isn't much left of the original 2002 lol.

Top Bottom