RockstarSMP

Aug 9, 2006
I'm wondering about riding the sand dunes with a 250 4-stroke... Someone told my to use a 6-cup paddle (not an 8-cup) if I'm going to ride my 250 out there, but I already have an 8-cup. Does anybody have any experience with the dunes on a smaller bike? Should I buy a 6-cup, or am I cool with the 8?

I'm about 190 pounds, and yes, I already know a bigger bike would be ideal for the sand, but I'm usually on hard pack. I have a crf250x that's been jetted, piped, and all the slow parts have been taken off. Plus, I'll probably buy a Hot Cam before I go. =)

rjl250

Oct 18, 2004
If you already have the 8 cup just use it. You will probably have to use the clutch more than you would with a 6. Be careful with how long you maintain full throttle. I've spent time standing next to my seized bike hoping my buddy could find me with the truck when I didn't.

RockstarSMP

Aug 9, 2006
Thanks. I'm gonna see how it runs on the sand, but the strain on the motor will probably always be in the back of my mind. I don't think I'll actually ride it much as I'm gonna bring my girlfriend's 350 Warrior, and since one of my good friends is renting a dune buggy, he'll probably let me ride his yzf400. =)

Top Bottom