Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
Second Enduro ever, I finished and did not hour out!
Check out the check times and points lost.
One more minute and would have been DQ'ed at the last check.

Check --- Points

1 ---- 4
2 --- 20
3 ---- 8
4 --- 24
5 --- 12
6 --- 24
7 ---- 4
8 --- 40
9 --- 59

Total --- 195

I fouled a plug between check 7 and 8 and had to change it. Lost at least 15 minutes. My watchdog was not working either, I think
I had a bad connection between the computer and the sensor because it was not counting the miles so I had to update it everytime I got to a reset or posted mile marker. I had a couple of get offs but nothing major, running off the single track etc...

It was weird, after about 50-60 miles I started seeing things that weren't there, stumps & trees that looked like people
and hearing things too, if I stalled I thought I could hear people talking. I had some real good sections where I was flying (not A rider flying but flying for me!) through the singletrack and looking way ahead down the trail. I definitely need more singletrack riding time.

My goal was to finish which I did, although barely, but I know I was riding better than that which is nice!

Overall in the C class I wasn't last, but I was the last one to finish.
Damn spark plug!

Some pix:

www.sidewinder.cc/Rand

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:thumb:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
HOKIE - Have you seen the results from Snowshoe? I have it on EXCELL spreadsheat. I finished 95th of 158 :eek: - geuss that's what happens when you don't race for 10+ years!

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
Yeah,

It says I finished 152!
Guess that's what happens when you pick that Enduro
for your first one!

I have the PDF version and it goes to 167 places though.

Last edited:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hey now!! I finished even better!! OK - so there was only 9 more people BUT hey, I need all the luck I can get! :laugh: Oh yeah - I finished 94th not 95th - WOOHOOO :laugh:

Maybe one of these days...

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut
Oh yeah - I finished 94th not 95th - WOOHOOO :laugh:

I was wondering how you were racing a GG 300 in the 200C class.....

SANDBAGGER! :flame:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Way to go Hokie!  Your scores looked like mine from the Wild Piglet.   I had a 59 in there somewhere too :(  I still managed to beat the gal with the broken collar bone :debil: 

Last edited:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Hokie, Congrats on the finish!  :thumb:

Put a fresh plug in before every race (just in case) or knock at least 10 minutes off your plug change time!  That would have pushed you up the results sheet a few lines.  Glad  you had fun.

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
Hokie, Congrats on the finish!  :thumb:

Put a fresh plug in before every race (just in case) or knock at least 10 minutes off your plug change time!  That would have pushed you up the results sheet a few lines.  Glad  you had fun.

Yeah, need to speed up the change time!
Note to self, keep gloves on, the engine is HOT!

Spent too much time trying to get it going before giving in and changing it.
New plug before every race from now on!

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Hokie, if you can, try to make the last two TSCEC races in the panhandle. Both are FUN races. I'm trying to round up some guys east of here to see some different terrain. You too, Roger!

Top Bottom