3 Valve Pit bike Transmission Start in any gear???

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
Hey guys im postin another thread besides my 110 no spark one im wondering i have hurd that there is somthing you can do to your pit bike engine to take the safety out to make it so it can start in any gear with the clutch in? its drivin me nuts cause its so annoying trying to find nutral so is there anyway you can take that safety out and make it run properly? its a 3 valve 110cc fourstroke
any advice would be amazing thanks

Wes

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's the design of the trans not a little switch or piece that makes it happen.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Engines are cheap, heck you can get a Lifan which is a good engine for less than $300!

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
Yeah i had a lifan engine there really good but im a fan of the 3valves and i dont know if lifan makes them they got tones of power for such a small engine

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Patman said:
It's the design of the trans not a little switch or piece that makes it happen.
That not ture
WesleySluis that 3 valves is a lifan
You switch should have more then one wire the hard part is fig out which one that maybe ground type or two more wire that in a loop back for this work.
You could always just change out the Wire Harness
(Seems like spam to me, not seeing this magical switch that you flip indicated. - Patman)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
SHSPVR said:
That not ture
WesleySluis that 3 valves is a lifan
You switch should have more then one wire the hard part is fig out which one that maybe ground type or two more wire that in a loop back for this work.
You could always just change out the Wire Harness
(Seems like spam to me, not seeing this magical switch that you flip indicated. - Patman)
Really? Prove it up please. All the pit bikes I have seen have a cable actuated manual clutch. I'm sure many other folks would be interested in this solution as well since "start in any gear" is a key part of their marketing.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
That Depend on wiring setup
If the clutch porch has 2 wire switch it need be tie as tought.
Some neutral switch house 3 or more wire where some are for both neutral and clutch actuated build in to one switch
Uesly the bike should start in any gear with the clutch pull in but it seem that he dosen't so that mean there some wrong with wiring or the switch or the wrong Wire Harness was install or any of number other reason why it not working rigth.
Just Like ATV they start in gear as long as the brake is apply if it an automatic or if it manual then the clutch need be pull in.
How is that link to Wire Harness spam?? it were I got that part that I used on my ATC 70 with lifan 110cc with Electric start and I can used my Electric start to start any gear.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
SHSPVR said:
That Depend on wiring setup
If the clutch porch has 2 wire switch it need be tie as tought.
Some neutral switch house 3 or more wire where some are for both neutral and clutch actuated build in to one switch
Uesly the bike should start in any gear with the clutch pull in but it seem that he dosen't so that mean there some wrong with wiring or the switch or the wrong Wire Harness was install or any of number other reason why it not working rigth.
Just Like ATV they start in gear as long as the brake is apply if it an automatic or if it manual then the clutch need be pull in.
How is that link to Wire Harness spam?? it were I got that part that I used on my ATC 70 with lifan 110cc with Electric start and I can used my Electric start to start any gear.

Huked on phonics werked 4 me!

I don't think I'd be taking advice from anyone who can't communicate any better than this. My five year old has better sentence structure.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:laugh: JunkJeeps

I haven't seen a neutral "switch" on a pitbike, the only wiring on the handle bar is the kill switch. Way back 3 or 4 years ago there were a run of engines that had to be put in to neutral to start, if you didn't the engine would either not fire because of the drag of the weight of the bike through the trans or it would fire off and run away from you if you were not careful. No switch was involved. There were some (Xtremes and a few others) that did offer electric start which sort of eliminated the kick start issue with the bike in gear but that system is long gone on any quality products. Today most all come with a true manual transmission that disengages when the clutch is pulled allowing you to kickstart the engine while the bike is still in gear (any gear) but it won't engage until the clutch is released.

It wasn't a link to a harness it was a link to a site offering many parts for sale, yeah I check those things out first.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Just becuase I'm not good at sentence structure "wirting" that dosen't mean I can't communicate it a diff story on the phone.
I beat if you five year old had been practically deaf you wouldn't be saying that like I have been 40 years belive me this one area I wish I could do better at so I do the best I can.

Funny you said that Patman when WesleySluis clearly said plain as day
take the safety out to make it so it can start in any gear with the clutch in?
Way back then most of the china engine that did make it thur didn't even have the neutral switch predrill but a few years back they where order by U.S. Department of Transportation vehicle safety inspection to add that safety switch or not be allow in to USA.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
SHSPVR said:
Just becuase I'm not good at sentence structure "wirting" that dosen't mean I can't communicate it a diff story on the phone.
I beat if you five year old had been practically deaf you wouldn't be saying that like I have been 40 years belive me this one area I wish I could do better at so I do the best I can.

Being deaf keeps you from using spell checker too?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I still have no idea what your real point is. The bottom line is there is no freakin' switch or wire that runs to the transmission that allows the bike to start or not start in gear. If there is I haven't seen it or hooked it up and I've installed several pallets of engines in pitbikes.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007

i cant even figure out what your trying to say...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bottom line is the difference is having the clutch on the crank or having it on the main shaft in the transmission. How in the wide wide world of sports can this magical button and wire transfer the clutch assembly from one shaft to the other? Enquiring minds want to know.

Just for the record I don't think you are an idiot because you can't spell, composed a sentence, are deaf, or blind, or 5 years old or 50 years old. You pretty much have proven it up all on your own.

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Your rigth Patman I did forgot about the clutch been on the crank side unlike when it on transmission side :bang:.
On my Lifan 110cc motor it dose have safety switch which I bypass.

Yes there is a conversion kit for XR/CRF50
Daytona, Kitaco and Takegawa
Cost $1050+ :yikes:
You may well just pick up new OGM/GPX/LIFAN motor

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No big deal, I imagine a few engines had the neutral saftey switch. All it really does is ground out the electrics like a kill switch unless it is triggered (or bypassed).

Based on a long ugly history I would bypass anything with OGM on it, besides "their" engine is just built from one of the knockoff factories and then has a side case installed with their logo. Stick with Lifan or Jialing (who makes the GPX).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom