YZ-212

Jan 8, 2003
I just picked up 2 1976 yz80's of off craigs list. I want to restore one to original specs but the other I want to add some aftermarket parts just for fun. Does anyone know what type of trick parts were available for this year and model? Also where should I look. I'm thinking of mainly pipe and suspension. I've done quite a bit of searching and came up with nothing. I'm not even sure if anyone made trick parts for the 80's this early on. Most of my searches turned up parts for 125's and 250's.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
There were certainly companies making hop up parts for the '76 YZ80. It was the dominant mini racer that year, and would run circles around the XR75. The RM80 had not arrived yet.

Myserscough Machines was big and made tons of stuff, and Brian Myerscough was the top minicyle rider of that time, as Jeff Ward was on a tricked out but still slower XR75. I think DG had quite a few parts as well. Probably FMF, too. I'll bet not much is still available over 30 years later.

YZ-212

Jan 8, 2003
That's a good start, thanks. I will search online, but will probably have a better chance if I call those leads.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Good luck!

Here's a pic of Brian doing his thing.

Attachments

• vintage154.jpg
    vintage154.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,812

maxx12

Jun 12, 2009
I had two of these bikes in 76. My race bike had a pipe we got from Jemco. AS far as I know they are still in business. It also had Gas Girling shocks. My practice bike had a snake pipe on it, but I do not remember the brand name.

Top Bottom