mercilessent

Apr 16, 2009
Suzuki Dr100 Carb Probs?

I Have An 84 Suzuki Dr100 I Can Get It Started But Will Not Hold Idle...when I Try To Keep It Running With Throttle It Bogs And Stalls...this Bike Was Givin To My Cuzin Who Has No Mechanic Knowledge...however Ive Been A Automotive Technician For 12yrs...never Worked On Bikes But Have Managed To Take The Carb Apart To Begin Cleaning...am I On The Right Track? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated-phil

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
If its not smoking then its probably starving for fuel clean the jets and check the fuel line and the filter on the line...you might want to check you spark plug also.

mercilessent

Apr 16, 2009
help with cr100

my cuzin got this bike givin to him for free..i cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plug...bike fires over but will not hold idle any help would be da bamb...phil

mercilessent

Apr 16, 2009
my cuzin got this bike givin to him for free..i cleaned the carb and replaced the spark plug...bike fires over but will not hold idle any help would be great...phil

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
soundz lik itz brok

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
sOuNdZ bRoKn

Rickmandude

Aug 19, 2019
If its not idling, check float height, check pilot jet for being blocked, check the adjustable screw on left side of carb., how many turns out, from all the way spun in, is it at? Of course, make sure your fuel is fresh, gas tank doesnt have crap floating around ( add a fuel filter into your fuel line).one of these things should be what's preventing your bike from idling.- also make sure the valves have clearance to the can , if no clearance , they could be held open a bit, bad situation.good luck.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
A engine needs air, fuel, spark, and compression, grab your handy dandy shop manual, and check it out. Remember grasshopper you can do it!

Top Bottom