89 Cagiva WMX 250 2 stroke rebuild

Wohoo, I got the nut off.

Still got a problem though.

My engine has got a latex glove in it.

Must of fell in over night. Because it was covering the cylinder and reed up. Its wedged between the cylinder and piston. Ive tried to pull the cylinder off but its stuck to the piston.

You can see a bit of the latex glove on the inside of the piston and in the intake.

What can I do to unseize it and get the glove out.

To loose a latex glove in a narrow orifice can definetely be a problem! LOL

Try to tap the cylinder sides with a platic or rubber hammer. When you tap on the side in an upward angle it should come loose sooner or later. Probably just sticking on the gasket or maybe a bit of oxidation around the studs.

TM-Frank said:
To loose a latex glove in a narrow orifice can definetely be a problem! LOL

Try to tap the cylinder sides with a platic or rubber hammer. When you tap on the side in an upward angle it should come loose sooner or later. Probably just sticking on the gasket or maybe a bit of oxidation around the studs.
The cylinder has already been lifted off about four inches. But as the piston is stuck in it, it only goes up till the piston is at Top Dead Centre.

Have tried pulling Hard, Harder, and even harder at the cylinder but that did not work. The glove goes from the reed to the inside of the piston.

Have also tried spraying loads of penetrating oil, lubricant and even 2 stroke premix oil on the top and bottom of piston and through the intake but this has done no good.

HELP!

Any ideas??

I expect that no one has got a glove stuck in their engine before but people must have had a broken circlip, broken rings stuck between the cylinder and piston before.

PS, the way i got the rounded off but out was with a "flute" snap-on socket that worked first time.

When i got the but out i noticed that it is actually round now with no angle or sides on at all lol.

Gonna frame it or sumit. lol only jk

Hmmm, does the piston have a window on its intake side? Can't remember. Has the glove entered through that window and is now stuck in the upper rod bearing or what?
Have you tried to cut the glove with scissors or a sharp knife?
Next thing I can think of is burning the latex with a propane torch (make sure there is no fuel left).

Yes you are right!!! I. can actually see the whole now that it is covered by the glove. But I can see a little of the glove in the reed intake, and in the middle of my piston. As I have half pulled the cylinder but cant get it off.

So there must be a window that the glove goes through the intake into the middle of the piston(where the middle is cut out at the bottom)

Thats the thought I had, to burn it off.

I have tried pulling as much out as i can, maybe can get a little more out.

I have heard that getting the burnt rubber off the cylinder and piston will be a disaster, apparently yuou have to use fine grade emery cloth, wet and dry et cetera.

My idea, was to set it alight, pull the cylinder off. Blow out if it has not gone out yet.

Then wipe off as much as I can with a cloth whgile the rubber is soft.

Does that sound ok to you?

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The engine is stripped!!!!!!

Now i need a new engine replate or rebore or overbore. I need a new piston kit aswell, whats the ama limit for boring 250's as i want to be able to race this.

I cant find a piston kit any where can anyone help.

How much does it cost for new piston, and rebore, basically a rebuild.

TexKDX

Subscriber
Getting the nuts off - might have to resort to a dremel, hammer, and chisel to cut the nut off. Try to keep from tearing up the stud threads in the process.

TexKDX said:
Getting the nuts off - might have to resort to a dremel, hammer, and chisel to cut the nut off. Try to keep from tearing up the stud threads in the process.
I have got the nut off. But where can I get a replacement nut? Also need a new engine mount bolt.

Any Husqvarna dealer should be able to get a piston and all other parts for that engine.
The nut is a metric fine thread (M10x1.25 or so, I think) and should be available at any good equipped hardware store (or at the Husky dealer), same for the engine mount bolt.

I noticed there are 2 pistons that may fit your bike on ebay right now. Look for 'CAGIVA'. :thumb:
I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through.
Bob

Last edited:
try using mol grips to grab the nut and twist it off,
or you u can grind the nut from the side staright to the middle,

hope it works out for you