daniel19805

Oct 3, 2009
Just picked her up tonight for 250!

She runs...but needs some work.

1. Idles fine & runs good.

But then out of no where it will rev up super High...then die..

It also shuts off at stops sometimes. Sounds like its to rich...Flooding itself or somthing? Im thinking carb, Spark, battery...

The battery is dead and I have to pop it or jump start.

Any ideas / detailed help would be great!

Thanks!

Daniel 1989 honda 125cc enduro NX

T_Bois

Sep 13, 2009
Sounds like its going lean when it revs high and then dies. Try pulling the plug after this occurs; if it's dry, then I would say it didn't flood. You may have an air leak.

daniel19805

Oct 3, 2009
Ok will check it out tomorrow. Also it is a 4 stroke not 2. Woops.

:ride: <<<soon hopefully

Can we move this to 4 stroke admin?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ahah! Its a Honda, never heard of it. A thumper no less. Got to agree with the look at the plug, sounds like its running out of fuel to me also. I think its not getting enough gas. There is a filter atop the petcock inside the tank, take the line loose from the carb, and run it in a jar to see if its flowing? Then you should pull the carb off, and the air box as long as your back there. How does the air filter look? Look for cracks in all the black rubber on the intake system. Take the bowl off the bottom of the carb, take all the jets out and clean it thoroughly. Check for worn parts, and replace the float valve and seat, its shot and will cause nothing but problems down the road. Hope you got a manual with the bike! If the plug is wet, you will have to do the same thing anyways. Vintage Bob

daniel19805

Oct 3, 2009
Just started her up after adding some fuel and it did not shut off. Seemed to idle pretty good. After running her up and down the street a few times I think she is defintly lean.There was some white smoke however..cannot get the air cleaner off the bolts are on there tight!

T_Bois

Sep 13, 2009
The way it works is that blue smoke is from burnt oil, black smoke is unburnt fuel (gas as well as diesel), white smoke is steam from water or some non-petrol base liquid.

I know it's air cooled; I suspect that the white smoke is from moisture in the exhaust and will disappear after the bike has gotten good and warmed up.

daniel19805

Oct 3, 2009
Where is the spark aresster on this bike? The manual looks like it points to the end of the exhaust...but if that is the case...mine is gone. ...

I will be driving this bike on the streets...I want somthing that is going to stick and able me to drive in the rain....I would like to go with a wide tire.... Any reccomendations?

THANKS for the Help Dirtrider

Top Bottom