91 CR 500 fuel tank - what years are compatible?

lukaspriest

Jan 19, 2002
CR 500 fuel tank - what years are compatible with 1991?

I recently purchased a sweet 91 CR 500 (for only 1000 bucks!) and it came with a big white desert tank. I am currently in search of a stock tank that I can put on it...

Now the problem is that I bought the bike with new plastics that are your typical deep red...and from what I understand, the stock colors for the 91 CR 500 are a rather unsightly ORANGE/red color...which would totally look ridiculous with the rest of my bike. Are there any other years (besides '91) that would be compatible? And more importantly, of those compatible years, are any of them a standard red color, or are they all that puke orange/red color?

And while I'm posting this, I may as well state that if anyone does have such a tank, I'd like to purchase it...I can pay up to 65 bucks or so for it (more with shrouds)...if you do have one to sell, contact me at:

lukaspriest@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
'91 was the last year of the red tank. Tanks before that won't fit. Well, the tank might, but the shrouds won't. I had a '93 tank on my '91 CR500. It was white. I believe, from '91 on, they all have the same tank, and from '92 on, they're all white.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
89' was the last year for the blood red. 90-91' were the honda orange, and aftermarket (IMS) are still available in Red, Orange, White, Neutral. I believe the IMS are available in two sizes, both being larger than stock. I did not think the orange color was bad, but the white shrouds with the pink and blue CR logo, and the splash graphics on the orange seat certainly were. I alway's ran the oem seat and shrouds off the 90' for a clean look.

lukaspriest

Jan 19, 2002
They're all white?

So if I want to get a replacement stock tank for my 500, I'm gonna have to settle for a white one? There arent any red ones out there? *sigh*

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom