'92-'97 CR125 fix to FMF Fatty pipe problem

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I noticed where the connection between my FMF Fatty pipe and exhaust manifold is not the best. I get alot of smoke coming from there. I can see a few mm gap between the pipe and the manifold where it should connect. I put on my stock pipe to see if this was FMF faults. Sure enough the stock pipe fits perfect. The real problem is at the pipe stay peice (connects to the front of the pipe to hold the pipe to the frame). If you notice you have to re-adjust it to have it fit the FMF pipe's design and when you do that the pipe doesn't seal right (you can notice the pipe seals good on the left side of the cylinder but on the right it doesn't). The way I fixed this problem was I took the pipe stay peice off and added another 1/2 inch peice of metal (spacer which was a peice from my old handguards bar end) and then put the pipe stay peice back on and you'll notice it comes out more then it did without the spacer. I then had to tighten the peice with it far to the left near the waterpump/radiator hose. Then it was a matter of getting the screw that holds the pipe on the pipe stay to fit in. This allows the pipe to sit in the exhaust manifold like the stock pipe but it will still smoke a tiny bit but nothing like it does without it. Hope this helps someone...:)

Durt Cycler

Last edited:

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I use silicon on both pipe junctions. I learned that here on DRN, I don't remember from who:think. Use only the regular silicone, for windows etc... Do not use the gasket of hi-temp silicon because it is too hard to remove afterwards. It makes for perfectly clean and quiet bike:moon:

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Yes using silicone is even better. This fix I did gives your pipe a much better seal, that's all. :moon:

Top Bottom