kingmega

Aug 18, 2012
I just picked up a decent 92 RM125 the thing will not start i have cleaned the carb, adjusted everything to factory spec's seems to be dumping way to much gas into the jug plug come's out wet everytime i do have spark altough it seem alittle week to me but i could be wrong and while kicking it over it will kick back hard i ran a compresson test and that was good i'm stumped

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Pull the flywheel and make sure the key isn't broken. Do a visual inspection of the stator plate behind it. If you see any damage it's probably toast. If you don't have a manual yet get one so you can actually test the ignition components. I had a 92 rm125 for about 5 years, it went through 2 stators and a cdi in that time. One of the times it had a weak, yellow/orange spark but wouldn't run. Would fire every once in a great while but die right out.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Bro i had the same problem when i got my bike, i suggest checking the float level and getting a new plug (NGK), i had to kick my bike about 100 time before it started no joke, and check if the exhaust is restricted.

kingmega

Aug 18, 2012
well i'm waiting on a carb rebuild kit i did check the fly wheel cdi and key they all look fine the spark is nice and blue i have got two new plug's one stock and one hotter i took the pipe off after i got it and i dumped out bout a coffee cup full of gas and oil out of the pipe. pipe is free and clear been trying to start it with the silencer off i have had no luck getting this thing to run it will pop when it kick's back like it's trying to do something i'll look at the float and get back

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
you could try to keep kicking it, also try removing the plug and put a little gas and I MEAN A LITTLE BIT if gas in the head and kick it and see what it does if it starts it will smoke like there's a pow wow going on.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like the reeds are shot but the ignition is still suspect.

kingmega

Aug 18, 2012
the reed's look fine but not sure how to tell if there bad the ignition is something to think about because i have been though everything but like i said the spark is nice and blue maybe there's just not enough spark to fire it i have no idea how to test the ignition system the manual tell's me nothing i'm bout ready to stick it in the back of the garage and call it one

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
You test the ignition by measuring the OHM value, compare that to the numbers in th manual and you know which part is faulty, or at least you can take ignition of the list.

Top Bottom