rogo1

Aug 9, 2014
I recently acquired a 93 cr 250, I have been riding a 426 4 stroke. the question is how to tame the 250 2t for low end grunt. I ordered a gnarly pipe, and will be gearing down to 13/50 sprockets. I mostly ride woods and most of the single in my area is tight technical with a lot of hill climbs. will these mods be enough to make it a woods worthy bike? I really like the feel of the smoker, so light and flickable compared to the thumper. I just need some input on how to make it have some more pull at lower speeds and rpms. unfortunately I cant always be on the pipe :) thanks in advance for any input

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
As a 2 stroker you should stay in the meat of power band where you have most power available and modulate you clutch if that power is just too much for the traction needed.

As long as you are around mid-throttle the 250cc those MX 2 smoker engines will pull up you almost any hill you choose as long as you remain in the realm of physical laws. :)

rogo1

Aug 9, 2014
arnego2 I agree completely, however I find myself in situations where it can be slow going, low rpms and tight turn into a steep climb. I'm looking to fill in the gap between just above idle, but before being on the pipe, smooth out the hit a little if you know what I mean.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
On the CR250 you power valve is directed over the tension of a spring I think. You might be able to find a softer spring which could mellow the hit.

Me personally hardly ride just above idle, I find my bike most responsive around mid throttle.

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
I race CR's for years ,in harescrabbles. Replace the clutch with all steel plates, it's like having a weight with little cost. Works good!

Top Bottom