93 rm 125 ran till it warmed up and died

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
Need some help my sons 93 rm 125 started and ran awesome till it was warm then died like it was flooded and wouldn't start for hours then did the same thing
Should I just rebuild the top end or the whole thing or what need some help

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Flooding, yeup we got that here in Texas, lol! Before you do anything drastic, pull your carburetor off, check that its all clean, jets, float bowl and the most important for flooding issues the float needle. Yessir that little gizmo wears out and creates floodin' issues.. You may need to set your float height to keep it in tune. It is all there in your official Suzuki manual. Good luck, The Red Rider....

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
Flooding, yeup we got that here in Texas, lol! Before you do anything drastic, pull your carburetor off, check that its all clean, jets, float bowl and the most important for flooding issues the float needle. Yessir that little gizmo wears out and creates floodin' issues.. You may need to set your float height to keep it in tune. It is all there in your official Suzuki manual. Good luck, The Red Rider....

I did I took it all apart cleaned it put it all back to factory settings and still won't start

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I did I took it all apart cleaned it put it all back to factory settings and still won't start
Spark? Nice fat blue flame jumping between electrodes? Is the wiring up to par and clean? Connections good? Spark plug cap secure, plug clean, correct heat range and installed correctly? Air filter clean? intake system obstruction free? Exaust system clean and free form any debris?

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
It's all on point just loads up and floods its self after running for maybe 2 minutes
My weed wacker did that this morning, but I fixed it, and it ran great! Flooding is deffo' the float needle and seat being worn, its the same as a toilet, once worn you have to jiggle the handle. LOL! The second thing that comes to mind is maybe the jets are too rich. Call your zuke dealer and ask em' what are the standard sized or range of jets for your area. Failing all that, then its time for a top end. Its as simple as a pimple, Your are lucky you dont own a 4 stroke, because that is a pain in the keester to rebuild, but it can be done with paitience. So give it a whirl and see what ya come up with. Remember an engine sucks, compresses, it bangs and it blows, simplaey mon!:$

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
Ok so it has a mikuni tm off a 250 so I leaned it out more the what the book said runs and starts awesome now bad part is main case seal was bad as well so water in gear box so looks like I'll be digging in to that now

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Ok so it has a mikuni tm off a 250 so I leaned it out more the what the book said runs and starts awesome now bad part is main case seal was bad as well so water in gear box so looks like I'll be digging in to that now
Useally when a water pump impeller seal goes bad, rad fluid leaks into the gear box. It turns the tranny fluid from a nice red into a milky grey color. Crank seals would cause the engine to smoke and suck tranny fluid into the cylinder and wash off the oil needed to lube that piston, no bueno! Water in the engine is as simple as a blown head gasket. 2fiddy carb on that bike? No bueno, find a stock rm-125 carb for that year and put it back on....

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
Useally when a water pump impeller seal goes bad, rad fluid leaks into the gear box. It turns the tranny fluid from a nice red into a milky grey color. Crank seals would cause the engine to smoke and suck tranny fluid into the cylinder and wash off the oil needed to lube that piston, no bueno! Water in the engine is as simple as a blown head gasket. 2fiddy carb on that bike? No bueno, find a stock rm-125 carb for that year and put it back on....

Thanks I was not wanting to split the case

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Case splitting is the most un-fun aspect of owning a dirt-bike, and I think some 4 cylinder cruiser street bikes also have to have the cases split for crank shaft access. Top ends are pretty easy, seals are ok, but time consuming, good luck, keep us posted.=)

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
I pulled to cover for the water pump and sure as shit the impeller shaft has play in it so I will be putting the other one I have in as soon as I can
And order a stock carb mikuni tm is to much for this bike right now I'll save it for upgrades later maybe my son wants a 250 top end but I don't even know if it will work I haven't looked in to it

Firerider

Jun 22, 2019
My son's 93 rm125 he payed for

Attachments

• 15616070911502700033688119412312.jpg
    15616070911502700033688119412312.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 541

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Nice Rm! Looks like some really fun times coming up. Water pump, not to difficult, sometimes they get worn in their cases, hopefully its the shaft . I did mine on my cr, and boy it was caked there with corrosion, for a while I thought I was on a archeological dig for fossels, LOL! 6 gallons of j-b weld later and some satin black paint, and the out come was pretty satisfying. No leaks, Yay! Fire Rider, ya gotta love vintage bikes, ya gott love em!=)

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I have 2, 2 fiddys, of the Cr nature, but I did race KX-125 back in the day at a race track where the winners would get a kiss from the snaggle toothed trophy gals', Trying to avoid this, I raced just a little bit slower, LOL!
WIN_20190530_23_10_25_Pro.jpg

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I had an 84 CR-500R and it was a beast. I wish you luck in finding a decent priced 250, its getting harder to find em'. They are out there, but ya got to hang in there. Send me a picture when you get it. Red Rider...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom