theboss9119

Jul 29, 2013
Hi there. Im new on here and just needing a few tips.
I found a thread on with almost the same problem but still cant get my bike running right.

Basically my bike will not idle correctly without the idle/choke screw screwed up way high.

And then also when I start revving up high, my bike bogs until i switch gears.

Other than that the bike runs fantastic.

2 days ago, I tried to run the bike and then it died and wouldn't start back up.
So I got the bike home. Pulled the carb and its spotless. All ports are clean. all jets are perfect and nothing is clogged.

Pulled the plugs and its black and oily which pretty much means its running really rich. Cleaned the plug and its fine. Not fouled or anything.

Slow jet is #60
Main jet is #160
Slide needle position 2. @nd from the top. Stock needle as far as I know.
The mixing screw was set to 1 turn out.

After getting the carb back on. I started the bike and now it bogs down like crazy. Wont idle at all and wants to die and is blowing alot of smoke.

Im thinking now that its running very lean, which would indicate that I need to adjust the mixing screw out. And I think that im suppose to know that its set right when i twist the throttle and it revs right up. Correct? And then I can adjust the choke/idle screw till the idle is set correctly.

Am I on the right page on what I'm suppose to do?

Im trying to get this set right so I can sell the bike.
Sorry this is so long!

Also the bike has had its whole top end redone with new wisco piston and rings.

E

evarnad

94 RMX 250 same issue

I have a 94 RMX 250 with the same issue wont idle, smokes like crazy, cannot ride at all. All I did was clean the carb now this.

If you find the problem please-please email me as I'm at my wits end.

Thanks,
Wayne
evarnado2@cox.net

Top Bottom