99 KX 144 test (Eric Gorr vs. RPM)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
count me I've had nothing but premium service

I've been using eric since the beginning of my drn presents. eric's bailed me out of a few sticky spots! NOTE: if you've toasted your motor. with anybody doing the work, you best be willing to be patient! if not your going to get screwed! because certain thing's take time.

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
I wanted to say my .02 as well. Eric has been a blessing to me. He is very patient, reasonable, HONEST, understanding and very accomodating. It is truly an asset to us here at DRN to have someone with Eric's experience and skills on hand to answer questions and offer advice. The manner in which Eric responded to the comments about his honesty, is testimony to his true colors. Thanks for being part of DRN Eric.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Eric I was just wondering why you use the 1-ring piston design in this particular application opposed to the 2-ring design? Out of the obvious for less friction what else are your reason's for this? I am just trying to learn more that's all:)

thanks

ps. I AM PUMPED to send you my 01CR250 cylinder so I could have the bike honda meant to make :) :) :)

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
To Canadian Rider,
In order to support another ring land the piston ends up heavier. RPM's 2 ring domed piston handles high compression and lasts a long time. In fact it interchanges with my piston with a minor mod to the squishband angle (from 7 to 10 degrees).
I don't run super high compression on my kits so I don't need 2 rings for sealing. The weight seems to be the major issue because most of the kits are set-up for the same rpm peak as a 125.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Allright thanks:) I figured compression would have a factor in using the 2-ring design but I was not sure. Now I can add one more tick to my book of dirtbike knowledge:) :)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
bore

This is just an FYI, this has been a great thread to read, I just got off the phone with Eric. For a 133 (56mm bore) on the yz, you do not need to send in the bottom, it is only the 144 (58mm bore) that 58mm piston hits the front side of the cases and requires the bottom to be sent in. Whew, I feel relieved.
:eek:

Dave

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Eric, I'd like to ask you a couple questions myself if I could. First off what over sizes do you have to bore a '99 kx125 I know about the 144cc but what else?. Second is if I were to get you to bore my cylinder out to a 144cc what would I need to send you?. Third cost what does it cost shipping the works if you know?. And is there anything else you think I should know I was thinking of boring my bike out when the top-end goes.

Matt

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
You have the option to bore it to 133 or 144. The 133 is still ama legal in the 125 modified class. The 144 piston is availlabble from Eric and he's got killer prices, the 133 is availlable at the dealer and it's like the last oversize piston from the old Wiseco system (P8). 56mm instead of 54. There is no replacement for displacement...:cool:
For more info, you might want to check out his website. the link is on the side, Forward Motion. Or call him!

Last edited:

Claus Menne

Jan 11, 2002
YZ 144

We just bougt a 144 cylinder and top from Eric.
It is for my wife's '02 YZ.
I can not wait to try it myself.
It is nice to read how good EG's work are compered to others.

Claus

Top Bottom