Yz426King

Aug 18, 2001
I know, from a VERY reliable source, that Tim Ferry's bike is set up for wet sump oil feed. How would you do that? Wouldn't you have to elimanate using the oil tank? What benefits would you gain by doing this? I know someone out there knows how to do it. If you are interested in the source send me an email and I will tell you. jlhutch@evansville.net

LOOPOUT

Sep 28, 2000
you would save about 2 lbs .. but a oil change after each ride is a MUST!! I know a buddy thats prob gonna do it to his bike ...

no real performance gain... just weight & trickness ....

:uh: < - - - - mr hanky ?

JAMRACING

Apr 21, 2000
The only thing you acheive is a shorter engine lifespan. Ferry's bike is taken apart very often, and parts are replaced with no consideration for money...However, he probably saves about two pounds (some oil and tubing), and eliminates the chance of a oil pipe bursting/cracking, resulting in a DNF.
KTM uses a wet sump motor, and that's why you need to change the oil more frequently (and it has more filters).

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Pro Curcuit has done this mod to there YZ250f project. They might sell the kit for $300 or so. There is no performance, you just save weight and have to change the oil every time you ride...:(
I'l take the weight. Since the weight loss should be around my belly........hehe:)

Top Bottom