JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
I've heard that by adding length to the chain on the newer KTMs (pushing the rear axle back) it enhances the turning.

I would like to try this as well. My problem is my 520 VM is no where near replacing and I can't find a local dealer that has any extra length for sale. I would like to at least try this before buying another chain.

Does anyone have a source for the missing link?

------------------

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
I consider moving the rear axle back one of the best mods I made to my bike (for MX). Always save old chain pieces you cut off
smile.gif

------------------
SmilinIcon
Cary S.
KTM 380SX

KTM400MAN

Sep 6, 2000
Moving the axle back works better if you have the 18mm or 16mm offset triple clamps. Otherwise you are increasing the wheelbase, which makes the bike turn SLOWER. The whole idea is to get the weight of the bike foreward by moving the front wheel back and the rear wheel back. Erik

------------------
visit our club's website at www.ruts.org

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i like to run a little extra wheelbase on my bike, but then i'm a largish guy on a smallish bike (200). i like the extra wheelbase even better now that i have the 18mm clamp on it. others prefer the wheelbase as short as they can get it. makes you appreciate those reversible chain adjusters.

------------------
lawman
KTM 200, 250

JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
Just found the missing chain pieces I was looking for.

While at the dealer, I got to check out a leftover 2000 Husaberg and a couple brand new Huskies. I had no idea just how light the bergs were. I have a 520sx which feels 15 to 20 pounds heavier. I never considered this brand before but I would love to ride one.

------------------

JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
Just found the missing chain pieces I was looking for.

While at the dealer, I got to check out a leftover 2000 Husaberg and a couple brand new Huskies. I had no idea just how light the bergs were. I have a 520sx which feels 15 to 20 pounds heavier. I never considered this brand before but I would love to ride one.

------------------

Top Bottom