XRstroker

Feb 26, 2001
i have a 1995 XR200R and its all stock pretty much. Im looking to make some advancements with it: suspension, power, and overall trailriding machine. It is too small for my preference, i wish it would stand a little bit taller, and i need more power. Any ideas as far as height and power go?

thx
XRstroker

Slack_505

Jan 28, 2001
There is a couple things that you can do..

1. You can buy some taller seatfoam

2.look at BBR they might have some hopups that you can get to make it more powerful.

3.If you haven't taken the snorkle off the air box you might want to do it.

4. Then you can get a after market air filter then your bike will breathe better.

Just look in the motorcycle mags. They will get you pretty far. Then you just have to toy with it.

Slack

------------------
Check out my webpage..My Webpage

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
I had an XR 200 that I really loved. Powroll ( www.powroll.com ) did the engine work -- bored and stroked to 218cc's. Great power (better torque than an XR 250), but the suspension was still crummy. Added progressive springs to the front and a Works rear shock - it was better, but still not as good as my XR250.

I still miss that great engine though!

PJ

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
XRstroker, The XR200 is a great casual machine. You would be money and time ahead to just make the transition to a larger bike. These machines hold a very good resale, usually much better when stock. Being you are already tall enough, you might as well get a front disc brake, better suspension, more ground clearance, etc. Making the motor faster is only one aspect, you still have the rest of the chassis that will hold you back. Sounds like your ready to graduate to a new level of performance.

XRstroker

Feb 26, 2001
Thats what i ws thinking........now the age old question....2 stroke or 4 stroke...heh, if i go 4 stroke im pretty sure im getting a yz250f, but if i go 2 stroke then i might get either a KDX220, cr250, maybe a KTM, or maybe even a yz250....heh tough tough decisions. I ride trails mostly but i might graduate to motocrossing a little bit soon..

XRstroker

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
it all depends on how much money you can afford to spend. The YZF250 is gonna set you back over $5000. You might consider a used XR250, XR400, KLX300, DR350. These bikes are a step up from the XR200 and can be had for a substantial savings over a new bike. And the hopup potential is better for them. Good luck snd happy trails
smile.gif

------------------
You weren't born knowing this stuff.

Top Bottom