ldub128

May 31, 2009
Had a question for anybody that can help. I just bought a 2003 ktm 125sx and was wondering would an FMF fatty pipe and silencer actually help low end. ive heard people say you cant even notice a power increase with a pipe but wasnt sure if thats true. So anybody thats actually installed one and could tell a differance in bottum end let me know.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Well.... I can't speak for KTM, but I have an 03 KX250 and I found a Pro Circuit Works pipe for it on ebay for super cheap so I bought it. I noticed a big difference in my bottom end and a much broader powerband.. Now I have a fatty on my son's 03 YZ85 and I'm disapointed in the bottom end on that bike, but the mid and over rev is un freekin' real for 85cc !!! Again....this my experience with a KX and a YZ runnin' in south Louisiana heat and humidity at sea level.. You may have a completely different result with the KTM with your conditions & jetting. Bottom line is.....any aftermarket exhaust would make an improvement so just pick one, bolt that bad boy on and ride it like you stole it !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom