BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Anyone remember James Stewart?

Saw him race at Hangtown.....factory Suzuki for a while. :nod:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Badgerman, Todd was at Big Air this last weekend hanging with our crew. Anyway, he was ripping on a 125 with the Powers boys, and my buddy Pagel, on 450's in the 35+ group. Just thought I'd mention it since you're a MI guy. It's fun watching an old pro ride a 125 on ther ragged edge and stay on the tail of a 450 pro!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Uchytil said:
Badgerman, Todd was at Big Air this last weekend hanging with our crew.

I have seen him ride since he "retired".......at Grattan I think it was. I remember being impressed.

Haven't heard much about Jeff Stanton in recent years. I wonder if he is still riding?

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
BadgerMan said:
I have seen him ride since he "retired".......at Grattan I think it was. I remember being impressed.

Haven't heard much about Jeff Stanton in recent years. I wonder if he is still riding?

Sometimes he shows up at Red Bud and does some of the Legends rides. LaRocco and Stanton have pretty much an open ticket there. Two Grass Races ago LaRocco was schooling everyone on his XR80 and Trailbikes while they rode regular moto bikes!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
On a Michigan related note, I was riding at Carnegie SVRA near Livermore, California maybe 15 years ago.

Guy pulls in next to me and jumps out of his truck wearing a Team Dynamic jersey. Vented nylon, bright blue with yellow lightning bolts - I'm sure you old time Michigan guys know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, he was transplanted from Michigan and was surprised to find someone in California who had heard about the Bigelows. Fun times...

And the 'quiet' reference and Todd DeHoop is ironic to me. One year at Hangtown, I remember his RM125 being exceptioinally, painfully loud. Maybe the silencer fell off or something.

Top Bottom