KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Why are most of the events held in the Northeast & West Coast?  

Obviously the riders have an easier time, but PACE does just fine with the SX series touring throughout the nation.  Are the tracks up north and out west that much better?  

Spermy

May 24, 2000
not necessarily. there are a lot of good and qualified tracks across the US. but it falls more under tradition. when you lisson to the announcers (esp. bailey) they talk about how won here last year and the year before. then bailey goes off on some story about "back when i rode here...". i agree i'd like to see more outdoor MX here in texas. but it's so *darn* hot. we're use to it, but most aren't. we definatly have the fan base, with sell-outs to the dallas and houston SX. but then again you go back to tradition, those two venu's have been around a long time. it's not that they can't go somewhere else, why would they want to? the crowds are big enough at the ones they have. they've established a history with those tracks. how would you feel if they took the local race away from you so some guy in texas could watch a local race? i'd like it but i doubt you would. i say add more races to the series and let riders have drops, like we do. start more traditions across the US.

------------------
Spermy V9
'00CR250, '93CR250, '95EXC300
Texas Championship Hare Scramble Series
Acerbis, Spy, FMF, MDS, Blue Sky, Pro Grip.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Kawboy,
Just to clearify,
The AMA Pro department is totally seperate from the amateur organization
So as a District official I have limited knowledge of how it is decided  and no input on the Pro schedule.

That said: I can tell you that PACE for SX and the manufactuers for outdoor have more input on where the races are held than the AMA.
It is all marketing.
And yes tradition does play a part but MOSTLY because holding a race at a proven venue and MARKET makes great sense.why move a round and chance a failure when you have a proven draw in a certain area?
Does the AMA want to expand the series and have rounds in the south?
Of course!
but the manufactuers have refused to attend more national rounds.period.
Until that stalemate ends dont expect to see a "south" round..although when it happens my guess is Swan or Lake Whitney Texas?

by the way ..several nationals are in the midwest  red bud, troy ,millville

Spermy

May 24, 2000
Lake whitney will be fine with me. and i'm sure thump won't mind either. thump still got that space reserved for the new trailer?

------------------
Spermy V9
'00CR250, '93CR250, '95EXC300
Texas Championship Hare Scramble Series
Acerbis, Spy, FMF, MDS, Blue Sky, Pro Grip.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
lake whitney ahhhhh yes 1984 the first real motorcycle injury i ever had to live with blew out the right knee, stuck it in a tire that they had lining the track. 22 hour drive home with no cruise was not a pretty site!
I heard they have done a bunch of nice things to that place maybe some day i can get back there.

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

Top Bottom