Firegod23

Nov 26, 2000
I have recently joined the AMA (district 43), and intend to compete in some amateur off road events such as hare scrambles, grand prix, and perhaps motoX. Is there a proper process to have a number assigned, or do I make one up? Is there a letter designation needed to represent the district that I am in?

Thanks for the info?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
you will have to contact your district office and or officers to find out what they require. We in D-17 assign numbers for mx and dt. but many districts have their own proceedure.

thanks
wardy

Firegod23

Nov 26, 2000
District 43 has no officers that I know of. It is not a recognized district (or something like that). I called the main AMA office and they said use the last digits of my AMA membership number. I have read in several sanctioning bodies(such as SERA, ect.) rules specifically to not use the last digits of your number.

I just want to do this right.

Please help.

------------------
Bill

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
i would then ask the places that you plan on riding or go to your dealer and ask them. There has to be some kind of pattern out there in your area.

wardy

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Here is a name and phone number for your District AMA Congress Delegate. Check out the AMA Web site for rules of competiton.
Good Luck

Congress Delegate Search Results

Number of matches: 1

Name Address Type Phone
PETTY JR, WILLIAM E 2445 COUNTY ROAD 607
CLANTON, AL 35046-5552 District 43
O

As an AMA member, you are provided with elected representatives at the district level (in both recognized and non-recognized districts) who are directly involved in the rules-making process. Each of the district's AMA clubs and promoters elect the AMA Congress representatives who serve as your link to the AMA Congress, the AMA's rules-making body. Your AMA Congress representatives are available to answer any questions you may have concerning the AMA or local competition matters.

You can also contact your recognized district organization for information on schedules, racing numbers, names of AMA Congress representatives, etc. For names of AMA Congress representatives in non-recognized districts, contact the AMA's Amateur Activities Department.

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
If you don't--Who will?
AMA-Cycle.Org

Top Bottom