Another silencer question...w/pics

CarpetMan

Sep 1, 2003
Sorry to hit the silencer thing so soon again, but I need some help and can't find the exact answer in a search.
Here is a picture of my Pro Circuit silencer, http://www.pbase.com/image/27739575.jpg
As you can see it is in bad need of repacking, I don't think it's ever been done. I took out the three 8mm bolts at the end but could not get the core out....nor could a get a grip on it with anything worth a flip. Do I have to drill out the rivets on the other end?? If not, how do I get a grip on the inside of the core to pull it out?......I'm lost!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I have a FMF which looks similar in design and if I were to guess, I would say "YES" you have to take the core out from the riveted end. Someone else will correct me if i'm wrong.

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
you dont need to drill out the rivets , soak the end seam with wd40 and let it sit for a little bit . all it is the end cap is coroded a little , put a screw driver in there and with a rubber mallet or block a wood just keep tapping it all around to get it to break loose .

Top Bottom