motosteveg

Sponsoring Member
Nov 15, 2001
I'm thinking of buying a new one from the local shop. Sat on one at the cycle show yesterday and was impressed with the layout and looks of the bike. How well does it handle and does it make good power? I have a 00 honda cr250 that I ride MX with but don't like the way it handles.:silly:

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I will admit, I think TMs are the coolest looking bikes on the planet, but my buddy just took part in a CDN bike mags 250 MX shootout as a guest rider and he was not impressed with the TM. He said the powerband was very narrow and the forks sucked. The rear even with Ohlins was bad but probably because it felt so unbalanced from the bad fork. Maybe with the Ohlins forks it would be better but thats not changing the motor. If you want to be different, but competitive, try an 02 KTM 250SX.

Jon Sosa

Feb 19, 2000
scottyr, if your buddy was ridding a 01' or a 02' with the Paoli junk on it, I wouldn't doubt that the fork sucks. Could you find out if he tested a 01' or 02' w/ Paoli's? As far as the powerband, you could always go with the 300cc and put 250 stickers on it! :eek:

js

bike for sale

dheard4992

Feb 25, 2001
tm,s

paolis are made by kayaba from what i was told and the 01 seemed competitive to me as i saw travis aho winning several district 16 races on both 125 and 250s last year at the a level. my buddy is a tm dealer in upper mich 906-387-5300 (kevin) he could hook you up. p.s. i saw a 125 tm holeshot vet a last year and as you know most vet riders arent on 125s

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
KYB shares some technology with Paioli, but does not manufacture the forks for them. I dont know about the USA but up here in Canada we can choose between Paioli USD, Paioli Blu Steel forks (whatever they are), Marzocchis or Ohlins forks depending on how much you want to pay.

Top Bottom