Any Motocross Riding Schools/Trainers in SoCal?

Buellwinkle

Jul 2, 2001
Looking for someone to teach my 11 year old whos a beginner. She needs to have more confidence on the jumps and turns, better shifting techniques and other stuff that I have trouble teach her.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
If you are ever out at the Elsinore track there is a guy Jim Gibson that gives riding lessons. I don't know his number but there are signs at the track with his number on them.

Buellwinkle

Jul 2, 2001
Thanks, I'll check it out when I go tomorrow morning. If you're there then I'll be the only one on a street legal DR350 on the track.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
You might also want to check into Ryan Hugh's and Donnie Hansen's classes. I know that both of them run clinics at Elsinore and other So. Cal. tracks. I haven't personally attended one (but I would like to). I talked to Ryan at the Supercross and he said that he runs classes for all skill levels.

Sorry, I don't have the web addresses or phone numbers for them.
Bill

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Awhile ago, someone gave a great review to Mike Healey. He has a web page - you should be able to find the thread and his page with a search.

Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
I wrote the review of Mike Healy about 1 month ago . . . let me preface this reply by saying I am not an aggressive rider . . . I am a slow beginner. Mike helped me with the basics and improved my riding in several areas . . . I also know that he works with a lot of kids! I can not reccomend him highly enough . . . a day with Mike is well worth it! I intend to go see him on a very regular basis now . . . If he had every Saturday avaiable I would book him for the next 6 months . . . He is that good! Please feel free to email me if you want any more details about a day of trainig with him. bilwil@lvcm.com

Bill Wilson
Las Vegas, NV

Top Bottom