Any recomendations for a 540 or 570 Kit for 520EXC

sigmeister

Apr 30, 2002
Just wondering about experience with a 540 or 570 kit for a 02' 520EXC?! We ride mostly in an area called Jawbone Canjon that has big long sandy hillclimbs. Probably one of the view places to go riding where some additional power is helpfull!
Evansville Superbike shop, Thumper racing and KTM make kits (as far as I know)

Any answers / recomendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Realy like the bike => easy to ride, magic button and much less tyring then my 98' YZ400f

Thanks in advance

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hi Siggy, congratulations on the new bike, I'll be going to Jawbone in the next couple of weeks.

sigmeister

Apr 30, 2002
Kiwi thanks!!
Now I just need a couple more lessons (or maybe a couple hundred more) from you to get up the ditch! Still intimitates me and still kicks my fat ass. Realy enjoyed the ride you took us on. We probably go this weekend ==> Let me know if you would be interested. Hope to see you soon.
Siggi

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Thumper racing is a very good choice. they are generally less expensive than most other shops and they don't try and sell you a bunch of extra "trick" modifications that you don't need. Gary Hazel is the owner and is usually the guy you talk to when you call. Pick up the phone or shoot them an email, they are really good people to do business with and their kits deliver the performance you are looking for.

http://www.thumper-racing,net

dawiev

Jun 25, 2002
Hi, I don't know if Eric Gorr does the 540/570 , but I'm running a 450 kit (400SX upgraded) from him.

Good price, quick, excellent service and support and nice to do business with !

I think it would be worth checking with him.

If I use the difference that the kit made to my 400 as a baseline, you're going to have to tie your wrists to the handlebars with a 540/570 ! I've had to drop the gearing down by 2 teeth (rear) to bring it back under control a bit.

Top Bottom