Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Just checking for any one that knows if there is still any snow in the woods?

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
We have had over 2" of rain the last two days. No snow at my house. There is snow in the woods, but alot less than last week. The ruts we cut on GT should have opened up. No time tomorrow but I'll try to take a look Thurs.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I will be able to tell you for sure later this afternoon since we plan to ride there today - I expect some snow in low/covered areas but not much would be my guess based on the woods here.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just got the word from the Wolf Lake Motel

There isn't much snow in the woods right now, so I think that it should be ok.There is probably still some deep spots out there, but not very many. It was 48 degrees and rained for two days

He called me as well. Said for the most part it looks pretty clear. There will obviousely be snow in the shadows but shouldn't be too bad.

If ya need a snow report in the future his email is info@wolflakemotel.com

Last edited:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
snow report - tin cup

just got back from riding Tin Cup - all I can say is you guys missed an absolutely great ride!

As we were getting closer on the way up I thought that we were in for another snow ride - not dirt, there's still quite a bit of snow in the woods but the trail itself is probably 85 to 90 % snow free - YES! Excellent traction, even the typically sandy areas (in summer) were nice and moist and firm - Great ride like I said!

you could have ridden without studded tires and still been fine, what snow there is can't be more than a couple inches thick with thawed ground beneath - very little ice - ice usually only where you cross the two tracks and 4 wheeler trails - what snow there is doesn't last long and you are back on dirt.

Perfect conditions - 3 of us are really glad we had the day free to ride - what fun.

Top Bottom