dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Hi,
I'm looking for anyone who rides a late model WR400 and has modified the suspension. I just purchased one and want to talk to people about the improvements they realized from modifying the suspension.

If you are in the SW Idaho area, I'm interested in getting together and comparing suspension performance.

Jerry

Please drop me a note

------------------
Old guy who putts around behind the KX_kid on a '00 WR400FM,

GRC

Feb 6, 2001
You will notice a big difference if you change the fork oil to something good, and have the oil changed in the rear shock. The guy who does my suspension work told me there where an incredible amount of air in my rear shock and it only had about half as much oil as was supposed to be in it.

Frosty

Nov 15, 1999
Jerry, I sent my '98 WR400 suspension (front and rear)to Darryl at ACME (760-949-6794)last year and couldn't be happier with his work. Made a tremendous difference in handling. Very reasonable prices, and personal service, too.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
I've ridden with guys that have done the RaceTech Gold Valves to their 400/426s and reported a 100% improvement in suspension action, especially in slippery rocks and roots. The bikes no longer dart off the trail.

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
I had my WR revalved with Race Tech gold and my forks resprung for my weight. It made a pretty good difference in handling for me. Much more controllable. The ride wasn't as harsh.

dog

Oct 4, 2000
TBT Racing in Redmond, WA revalved our WR400. It greatly improved the plush action and ability to soak up rocks and tree roots without becoming mushy and hard to control on the big hits. TBT has revalved several Yamaha's for me to solve the initial harshness for off-road riding. Tell them what kind of riding you do and they will do great work!

Suspension valving and the IMS seat/tank combo are needed mods for the WR400F.

Top Bottom