judson

Nov 5, 2004
I got to ride an X at my local dealer, felt great after I learned to rev it a bit. I only spent about 10 minutes on it though. Not fair enough say, I did have a smile on my face....

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Just got one too. Much lighter than we thought. Handles great. It was owned by a local fast guy. It has been upgraded with the latest mods and parts. The offroad mods help it alot. Start reading here:
http://rickramsey.net

Big issues are: Keep air filter clean and well oiled. Change oil alot. Better valves should be out within days. Keep valves adjusted.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I've had one since March and I love it. I was a little worried coming off a TTR125L to this bike. Granted I'm 39 yo and a mother of two. It has more than enough power for me, but it can still haul. I ride MX and the set up is perfect for me. My husband took it out in the Over 30 class and finished 3rd out of 8. He did beat a couple of guys on CRF450's. It is very easy power-wise with no sudden hits like a two-stroke. Most guys at the track have taken it out and come back with big grins on their faces. They would go out and buy one if they could afford it....
Haven't had any trouble with burning oil or valve trouble like others have reported. E-Ticket could tell you more about The Ant's problems with hers.
This will be my bike for life. Good luck.
SusanE

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Good bike to have.

I have had mine since March also. I love my bike, I could go on and on how great this bike is.... :nener: Let me just skip to the need to know parts.

Yes mine does burn some oil, have to add just a little oil about every 100 to 150 miles. I have had the valves checked twice now, both times they were fine. I have yet to break anything on the bike, and yes I do wreck alot !!! :yikes:

I have gone through about 3 or 4 sets of fork seals due to my own ignorance. So if you get one to ride on trails do yourself a favor and put some seal savers on it right away. I change my oil and clean the air filter on a regular basis. I guess cleaning the air filter would depend alot on the type of terrain you ride. If it's real dusty then you could ride one day and then need to clean the filter.

If you will do a search on this site for CRF250X you will find a wealth of info to help you out. Also go to the "what bike to get" forums. You will see a post about the 250x on there now. It has a link to a good site with a lot of info to help you out with your decision. Good luck with whatever you decide to get. I think it would be hard to buy a bad bike these days, unless it's green, blue, yellow or orange...I would stay away from those colors.... :p Good luck Lee

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Junior just raced it this sunday at a local harescramble. He rides the A class. The race was a Mud feast. Alot of dead bikes littered the course. He rode the first two laps hanging with the back in dead last. We tweeked the clickers after 2 laps. He started to ride well and pick off a few riders. He managed to get up in 7th place until a miscalcutation ended our day. I was told by many that the bike is great on gas. Way better than a 2 stroke. The pro we got the bike from said 40-45 race miles are easy without reserve. Well Junior did 5 laps, 35 miles and started his 6th..at around 37 miles it died, switched to reserve and made it another 3 miles and it was bone dry. We did get him gas to finish last (13th). Oh well, the quick fill will be drained of premix and filled for the CRF next event.

Great bike.

ockevin

Jan 11, 2005
I love my crf250x

Attachments

• 250x pics profile pic.JPG
    250x pics profile pic.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Definately do a search here, there are some great threads about it. I've had one for a year now with no problems. I checked the valves and they are right in the middle of the specs still. Change the oil every 4 rides and did the mods with the carb and took off the emissions pump, CA model. It was lean from the start but the changes woke it up.

Dirtfiend

Apr 18, 2005
I just bought one a month ago for my first bike. I havent had any problems with it other then it seems to idle a litte weird at times. This happens even after I made adjustments. It seems to get better the more I ride it though. At times it seems like it wants some race gas.

My dad and I rode from Cal-city to Trona this weekend and I was actually able to keep pace with him on his KTM 400.

Top Bottom