kawikdx08

Apr 2, 2008
Here's something interesting maybe someone else has done. Has anyone else tried to run an early style KDX without the RH and LH powervalves? I have a 90 E1 and and while waiting for parts to come in I reasembled the topend without the RH and LH powervalves. I left the main valve and the valve rack rod in. I then tried the bike and found some interesting things. At higher RPMs the powerband actually had slightly more power and spread, but as i surmised the bottom end dissapeared. I also thought that it hit harder at mid throttle. Has anyone else out there tried this?

kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
the powervalves control the low end and open at about low to mid throttle as i can recall. I was studying my kawasaki manual one night and the next day poof my wife (put it away) i am still looking for it a year later. Mid to upper may hit a bit harder due to mostly no restriction on the low end but you may be doing damage to your rack rod.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
I read of one rider who jbwelded them in the open position and preferred the power curve that way. I doubt you would hurt the engine by doing that, but if you prefer the adjusted power band I think you would be better off just going with a motocross bike that is designed to run on the top end.

Top Bottom