PLEASE SUPPORT DIRTRIDER
Help cover the site's expences for
our 21st year online!

$1, $5, it all helps!



Anyone had a E-button Problem Like This?

Joined
Nov 3, 2000
Messages
11
Likes
0
#1
On my 01 520 exe. 90% of the time when you push the button to start it either does nothing or makes a sound like a bug zapper does when a bug hits the light. (sorry for the stupid example) The other 10% of the time it works. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for any info.

------------------
Brett Valentz
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2000
Messages
68
Likes
0
#2
I think my 520 made that sort of noise once when new, and would not start. (great to have a kickstarter)
The battery connections were loose.


------------------
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
28
Likes
0
#3
Hi,
sometimes my e-start makes the same noise but Anke' s 400 does the same and both bikes start pretty well. Even today with an empty battery...
Maybe you should ask your local dealer?

Peter

------------------
http://www.gp-racing.de (soon in english)
KTM EXC520 "Widowmaker"
 
- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Joined
Oct 19, 2000
Messages
55
Likes
0
#4
i had a 400 and i have several friends who have them. i know of two people that have had to replace the switches and it has seemed to have fixed the problems. enduro engineering had them in stock.

------------------
2001 Husqvarna WR360
2001 Ktm400exc (sold)
1999 Honda VFR
2001 Honda Goldwing 1800
1997 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide(for sale)