leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
i just picked mine up this week and had to opportunity to ride it around in my new subdivision to break it in. I cannot wait until tomorrow morning to get on that bike and really ride it. from my initial impression this bike will lug like a four stroke but rev like a two stroke! this thing is nothing more than an overbored kdx!!!!! i was just curious if anyone else around here rode one because i think i'm going to be really happy with this one. see ya on the trails. ...

------------------
2001 Husqvarna WR360
2001 Ktm400exc (sold)
1999 Honda VFR
2001 Honda Goldwing 1800
1997 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide(for sale)

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Lee, my 94 360WR always rode strong for me. Make sure your hit all your frame, swingarm bolts and chain adjuster bolts with some of that silver anti-seize grease. You don't want any bolts to seize. The only problem I noted on my bike was the short kick movement when starting the bike. Once you get use to it you will be okay.

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
I have a 00 WR 360. It took a little gettting use to for me. But with a few things that I have done, I'm very happy with it. And yes if you want to lug it around it will very easly. How ever I dropped the front sprocket one tooth which made it much better in tight woods. Also I don't know how big you are but I'm 230# and I had my suspension revavled and the springs changed do to bottoming on doubles and good sized down hill jumps. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it. Ps it's very reliable

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Congrats on your purchase. I too ride a Husky 360 (WXE) 1994. I love my bike, it really was a pleasant surprise, as I expected it to be a POS. This is my favorite bike of all time and my 36th motorcycle. I found the stock seat foam too hard and that made the bike's vibration come through in force. I changed to aftermarket foam and am very happy. I went through the bike from tip to tail to get everything just right.

I ended up having Pro-Action re-do my suspension for more plushness as it was quite harsh.

I ported the engine, as the early 360's had very mild port timing. The later ones are fine.

Mine is dual sported and an absolute blast to ride on the street. I installed a 15-44 tooth sprocket combo. It is still low enough for the trails and just fine on the street. 102 is my top speed on a dirt road.

BTW, the engine went 6 years on the original piston and rings.

Chris

------------------
94 Husky 360 2 stroke, Street legal,(gotta clear my throat now)! Ported engine, FMF pipe, kehin PWK carb, full knobbies, Pro Action Showa suspension, Pro tapers. 50HP

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I had a 1998 Husqvarna wr360 for a few years. Took a bit of setup but it ended up to be very reliable, and a very nice all around bike. Good experience. I had similar impressions of the motor.

I also found with time and effort, the good motor got way better after investing effort into jetting. I'm not certain if the newer ones come jetted cleaner than mine did but after mine was sorted out it was fast and really crisp at ALL rpm's and throttle settings.

I also hear the newer ones have better geometry and turn better than mine did.

Good bike. Very underrated.

------------------
2001 VOR503 V-Cross
1982 husqvarna XC430
1974 Bultaco Frontera 360
6 Kids, Four Ride, 3 race. (cr125, yz80, 2 KX125's)
Case 780, INT 1066, Ford LTL9000...and a Percheron

[This message has been edited by weimedog (edited 04-07-2001).]

leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
well i got to ride my bike today. WAHOO!!!!! we have a hare scramble tomorrow so i needed to get out and ride it some today to get use to it. i've had a ton of different bikes but this bike has a great balance of torque, stability, turning(turns tons better than my 2001 ktm 400exc), and the suspension is pretty good stock. i'll have to wait and see if i'll have to revalve it after the suspension is broke in. the dealer said that would take ten hours. the bike really cannot rev out until fourth gear because of all the wheelspin but other than that it's perfect. i'm psyched about tomorrow to see how it does. take care.

------------------
2001 Husqvarna WR360
2001 Ktm400exc (sold)
1999 Honda VFR
2001 Honda Goldwing 1800

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
well???????

------------------
94 Husky 360 2 stroke, Street legal,(gotta clear my throat now)! Ported engine, FMF pipe, kehin PWK carb, full knobbies, Pro Action Showa suspension, Pro tapers. 50HP

leeinmemphis

Oct 19, 2000
what an awesome motorcycle. our race was a muddy rutted mess and I finish mid-pack on a motorcycle that I had hardly ridden. I hadn't ridden a two stroke in a long time so I idled it up a bit before the race so I never stalled it or anything. The dealer set up my suspension before I picked it up but was still a bit harsh because the suspension didn't have enough time on it to be actually broke in. There were several ditch crossings that people were stalling in and getting stuck; that 360 just lugged its way on through there and up anything I pointed in it's way. The only thing I wish I had on there was my dampner but my parts hadn't come in yet. I'm going to Chadwick, Mo. in about three weeks so I'll definitely have it on before then. This is one purchase I am 100% satisfied with and that's saying alot because I've had 5 new bikes in the last year and a half.

------------------
2001 Husqvarna WR360
2001 Ktm400exc (sold)
1999 Honda VFR
2001 Honda Goldwing 1800

cdulany1

May 25, 2005
need my 99 to have 50hp

cujet said:
well???????

------------------
please call me with engine porting help any shop you like did mx tech do your forks and shock? Craig Dulany (410-350-5499) thanks much.

Last edited:

Top Bottom