Anyone know if it's possible to get a key???

WI Off roader

Sep 15, 2009
Hey guys, I'm buyin a 2004 Honda crf 100f from a buddy of mine for $600. Unfortunately he left the key up north at his cabin... but I'm goin on a dirtbike/atv trip this weekend and would love to have the key so I can ride... Anyone know if it's possible to buy a key at a honda dealer? Or does anyone know of a way to unhook something so I can still ride it with out the key??
-Matt-

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Go to a locksmith. Take the bike and paperwork that shows you own it. Shouldn't cost you more than $30. Bike keys come with a bar code. If it is not written down, its gone. I've made thousands of keys and bikes are just not that tough.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's possible the little CRF is just a generic key like my John Deere and you can just get a universal one at the dealer. The other quick option is to just bypass the key with a jumper wire. One wire in and one wire out, guess what, jump them together and you are in business. The key on these bikes is to keep the bike secure from a kid that the parent don't want riding for some reason not for much else.

WI Off roader

Sep 15, 2009
thanks so much you guys, I'll try the unplugging the wires. I've worked all summer and bought a new snowmobile, an atv, and this dirtbike and money is kinda short right now. I've heard that before though, and I've also heard it's a universal key. Thanks everyone for your help, I'll let you know how it worked out

WI Off roader

Sep 15, 2009
Well he had already unplugged the starter, so I was able to ride it until I couldn't see. It's a great little bike, super fun and really fast for a 100 4 stroke. I'm so happy I got it for only $625. Now I need to sell my atv lol.

Top Bottom