Anyone try a Arai MXC pro helmet?

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I've been wanting to try one out since it has the removable face protector. I wear eye glasses under my goggles and find it a pain when removing my goggles since my current AXO helmet has the face protector so close to the face. It seems the Arai is angled further down and away from the face to make donning goggles easier. I already know they are first rate helmets. I would have to mail order since no dealer in my area carries the MXC pro. Thanks for any inputs on this helmet

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I have been wearing these for years and just bought a new one.
Try it on first.
I believe Arai has changed the fit on the new MXC.
I noticed the forehead area is tight on my new one where a large used to be perfect.
Maybe my head grew?

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
SFO, I found the exact same thing with the new VX-Pro. I bought a new Shoei VFX-R and an Arai VX-Pro at the same time, as it was the only way I was going to be able to make a direct comparison.
The Arai felt roomier (and nicer) inside, except that the forehead was too tight for my comfort. The Shoei fit great with the exception that it was tight around the bottom making it more difficult to pull on/off of my head, but I could live with that. I kept the Shoei and sold the Arai.
If it weren't for the tight forehead I would have definitely kept the Arai.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Originally posted by Cam Mitchell
SFO, I found the exact same thing with the new VX-Pro. .

Thank goodness!
I thought the proverbial horn was finaly growing out of my forehead.
I will try to push the padding around to get it not to be tight there.
I would still rather fight than switch.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Use a ballpeen hammer to put dents in the polystyrene to alleviate any pressure points caused by forehead horns.

If the pads are too tight around the chin/mouth you can compress them by squashing them and sewing through the pads.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Just dent it a little bit - the helmet should fit properly before you start fine tuning it. Some of us got dropped on our heads as kids and have bumps where no bumps should be.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
For me it felt like the helmet's shell did not go far enough forward, it tapers down too far back at the forehead area, pressing against my forehead pretty much all the way across. I don't think it was the liner, either. Maybe spending so much time in DRN just made by brain expand..

Look, something shiny, over there.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom